Getting Started with Predictive Maintenance
No business can afford sudden downtime. Accidental breakdown of the machinery in a tremendously competitive market is awful and this can cause a company to fail to meet customer demands. There are different types of maintenance processes, such as Reactive Maintenance, Preventive Maintenance, and Predictive Maintenance, which companies undertake to monitor assets and avoid sudden equipment failure.
“Maintenance Analytics to Generate $24.7 Billion in 2019, Driven by Predictive Maintenance and Internet of Things” — ABI Research
This whitepaper presents the concepts of predictive maintenance (PdM) and explains why more and more companies are adopting predictive maintenance programs.
In this document you will read about:
- What is Predictive Maintenance?
- Preventive Maintenance vs Predictive Maintenance
- The maintenance maturity model
- Common myths about PdM
- Use case: Predictive Maintenance in Field Service
- The need of predictive maintenance in manufacturing companies
- Getting started with PdM
- Where you can implement PdM
Originally published at go.softwebsolutions.com.