Having a 12-months rolling calendar would help to get a big picture of what we want to achieve on the long-term, get plenty of time to plan each event and gather limited resources esp the volunteer time to put up a good show whenever we roll out an event.
In Solace Charities’ planning dictionary an event is defined as something that requires entire or substantial organizational support to roll it out. A perfect example is a fundraising banquet. An activity is something that is rolled out with little or no organizational support. A baking sale on the side of a large community event or some coordinated online activity that can generate funds or attention to Solace Charities. Thanks to Agnal Kokkat for making this distinction very clear.
The important thing about this differentiation is that we will have a fixed number of events on the calendar while activities can happen any number of times.
After discussing with the core team members, following are identified as the events for 2019 in SF Bay Area. Please note we plan to maintain a rolling calendar and this will be updated every quarter and latest list will be on our website https://www.solacecharities.org/events.
- 01/19/2019 Core Team Potluck Not a public event but this event in January would help the core team to review and finalize activities for the current year.
- 02/16/2019 Valentine’s day Event. Stay tuned for details.
- 04/13/2019 Walk/Run with Solace. 5K run/walk from Campbell Park to Vasona park, along Los Gatos Creek Trail, enjoying the beautiful Spring scenery in the area.
- 06/08/2019 Solace Summer Carnival & Thattukada. Kerala street food festival with family fun.
- 06/22/2019 Bombay Jam Bombay Jam lessons.
- 08/19/2019 ICC Sevathon Participate in ICC Sevathon representing Solace.
- 09/11/2019 Community Cooking & Onam Sadya Community style cooking on Onam eve and Onam Sadya opened to the public on Onam day.
- 10/12/2019 Hike with Solace Hike Mission Peak in group and Solace provides snacks & drinks at finish line.
- 11/23/2019 Solace Charity Banquet The main fundraiser, ticketed event with invited guests.