July 14 2022, Ecosystem Updates for SORA, Polkaswap, and Fearless Wallet
The SORA, Polkaswap, and Fearless Wallet projects are all closely related as they form integral parts of the SORA ecosystem. That is why development status updates are released every two weeks for these three projects, in one convenient place, with development updates from across the community. Enjoy the July 14, 2022 Ecosystem update!
If you missed the previous ones: July 1 / June 15 /June 1 / May 18 / May 4 / April 20 / April 6 / March 23 / March 9 / Februrary 23 / February 9 / January 26 / January 12 / December 29 / December 15 / December 1 / November 17 / November 3 / October 20 / October 6 / September 22 / September 9 / older updates are archived here
Welcome to the July 14th Ecosystem Updates!
🎉 The SORA Ecosystem Integrated Plan is live! This means that tracking development progress for the network is now better and more streamlined, as completion percentages for the different tracks and tasks are provided so that you have a better context of what is going on.
As a recap, the SORA integrated plan is separated into Business, Backend, Web, and Mobile/Other tracks.
Business covers things related to collaborations, partnerships, and key features.
- Curve Gauge- Having a gauge in the XSTUSD Curve pool to improve liquidity; this greatly incentivizes people to add liquidity to the XSTUST curve pool!
- Polkaswap as a Service- Offering Polkaswap’s amazing DEX features to projects in search of boundless, cross-chain liquidity
- Demeter XSTUSD Reward- Attractive incentives for farming on the Demeter platform through high APR and rewards in XSTUSD
- XOR as Legal Tender in Sri Lanka- The SORA community reached out to the people of Sri Lanka to propose the use of XOR as legal tender in their country and are continuing to work with people there to push the proposal forward
- SORA IBAN- As a way of bridging the gap between traditional banking services and SORA, this is a system to implement a bank account powered by SORA technology; the Polkaswap.io interface will then have many services offered by traditional banks, all in a nice, self-custodial interface.
- SORA card- Similar to the SORA IBAN, the SORA card will allow users to make transactions using XOR in existing POS infrastructure everywhere in the world!
- JP Games- For more information on JP Games and SORA please refer to this article.
Backend covers technology related to the SORA network.
- SORA Kusama Parachain- This covers the work required to produce blocks from the Kusama parachain slot we won, which is now done!
- Substrate 4- The SORA network has to update to Substrate 4 to ensure full compatibility with the Dotsama network. This means that once this upgrade is up and running, the SORA network will be available in Dotsama wallets such as Fearless Wallet.
- Beefy Proofs- Beefy proofs are used to prove the finality of transactions in blocks and will be optimised for the SORA network to allow efficient and secure trustless bridging between networks. For more information on Beefy proofs, take a look at this documentation.
- Trustless Multi-EVM Bridge- Bridges are an important infrastructure component requested by the community. This iteration of SORA network bridges will be an improvement on the existing one, which will bring compatibility to multiple EVM networks. It is important that this bridge is efficient, safe, and trustless. Therefore there is much work to be done to ensure a solid foundation.
- SORA v3 Network Launch- One of the longer-term milestones of the Integrated plan, all of the previous milestones must be completed to unlock the secret that will lead to the implementation of the SORA v3 Network. This iteration will contain the VAL DAO structures, the SORA Parliament, and new infrastructures like the SORA Block Explorer and a Bitcoin Bridge.
- SORAcles- Although this functionality was proposed earlier in development, its implementation has been pushed to the SORA v3 Network to ensure that they are safe, accurate, and reliable. SORAcle implementation will be the gateway to alternative XST assets.
Web covers technology related to the IPFS-hosted web interface on Polkaswap.io.
- DEO Arena- The first P2E game developed natively for the SORA network by the first SORA Builders team, CERES.
- Polkaswap Charts- Every decentralized platform needs charts to allow for data analysis. Polkaswap is no different. Charts will be implemented within the Polkaswap UI directly.
- Fearless Wallet integration- This integration will be available once the SORA network upgrades to Substrate 4. With this, it will be possible to have SORA network tokens available within the Fearless Wallet interface. This means that you will be able to access SORA fearlessly along with other Dotsama ecosystem tokens.
- Fearless Wallet Desktop- Along with a desktop UI to fearlessly access your assets, there will also be a dApp signer that will serve as a fresh and intuitive alternative to the current Polkadot ecosystem extension.
Mobile/other considers other interfaces, like SORA mobile apps.
- Polkaswap Pooling- The stylish experience of pooling in Polkaswap will be in the palm of your hand, for access wherever you are.
- Referrals- The popular Polkaswap referral system will now be available in the SORA mobile wallet’s Polkaswap section. You will be able to generate and share referral codes wherever you are!
- Multiple accounts- The possibility to have more than one account in your mobile wallet is a highly requested function. Switching between multiple accounts on your SORA wallet interface will be available soon.
- SORA Network Fearless Wallet- This point seems to appear across several tracks. Once the Substrate 4 upgrade is completed, the SORA Network will be available in Fearless Wallet along with other Dotsama ecosystem parachains.𒉡𒉎𒋼
- Demeter Mobile integration- The Demeter farming platform has been integrated into Polkaswap, the next natural step is for Demeter Farming to be available whenever and wherever through the SORA wallet app.
- SORA Typeface expansion- This should be under the business category, but it isn’t yet. Many Worlds, Many Languages, One Typography. You can find the current SORA Typeface here.
It’s also important to remember that the integrated plan contains several secrets that will be unlocked when the time is right. Just like in civilization development, completing sections of the integrated plan unlocks others further down the pipeline. Some might even be secrets, so stay tuned for the progress!
Although the different tracks are separated, they still remain interconnected in the “big picture,” so for example, Substate 4 implementation benefits the SORA Kusama Parachain as well as the SORA Fearless Wallet integration, and it is mentioned in several milestones across the current integrated plan.
Without further ado, here is the first of many updates tracking the progress of the integrated plan, so the best way to begin is to find where we are on the map…
You are Here
We will now provide you with some updates from each track, combined with the development highlights we all know and love for context. This will be the structure for Ecosystem Updates moving forward. We hope you find them useful and look forward to the progress of the SORA Integrated Plan.
SORA Ecosystem Update #42
Business Track Progress:
- Curve Gauge- 60%
- Polkaswap as a Service- 15%
- JP Games- 50%
- SORA Card- 10%
- SORA IBAN- 10%
- Demeter XSTUSD Reward- Complete
- Sri-Lanka Open Letter- Complete
It is important to take the time to thank the community for their interest in the development of the SORA network. We are working hard to open channels of communication so that you are aware of the ongoing initiatives and projects. One of the SORA ecosystem contributors, Dr. Makoto Takemiya has also begun to provide daily status updates in the hopes that you can rest easy knowing that progress is made every day.
The SORA for Sri Lanka website is currently live. It hosts the open letter that was sent to all Sri Lankans and published in Sinhala, Tamil, and English in major newspapers.
As the economy for many worlds, the best place to begin would be Planet Earth and the best time to begin is now, as once major economies have been crippled by greed and the desire to accumulate funds, instead of making them work to improve societies. If you are interested in the ongoing dialogue around the open letter to the people of Sri Lanka, join the dedicated Telegram community.
While on the subject of websites, the main SORA website at https://sora.org was also given some love by enthusiastic community members, with more to come.
SORA Backend Track Progress
- SORA Kusama Parachain- 99% *Pending the Pull Request merge from Polkadot.js
- SORA Kusama Parachain Bridge- 10% *Development ongoing
- Substrate 4- 75% *The bulk of development work has been completed, testing is still ongoing
- Beefy Proofs- 75% *This technology is not yet production ready from Parity, the current iteration is currently undergoing testing on the SORA development network
- Trustless Multi-EVM Bridge- 50% *The bridge is actively under audit and development
Here is a breakdown of the latest developments for the backend track corresponding to the last two weeks of work;
⚙️ SORA Blockchain updates:
- SORA Rococo parachain is producing blocks on Rococo! 🎉
- Finalizing the launch of the SORA Kusama parachain! 🐦
🎉 The SORA Kusama parachain is producing blocks
- Preparing the launch of v1.4.4
New transaction fees (50x previous rates, so basic network fees are now 0.035 XOR) to reward node operators more and burn more XOR
- Migration to Substrate 4
- Working on the Trustless EVM bridge and preparing to launch on the development network
- Working on XCM3 (cross-chain messaging v3)
Mobile Track Progress:
- Polkaswap Pooling Mobile- 99% Ready for Testing
- Referrals Mobile- 99% Ready for Testing
- Multiple Accounts Mobile- 99% Ready for Testing
- Demeter Mobile Integration- 1%
- SORA Network on Fearless Wallet- Dependent on Substrate 4/Runtime Version 14
📱 SORA wallet updates:
🚀 Android 2.5.0- Multi-accounts & Referral System is available on Soralution!
You’ll be able to test:
- Referral system
- Restoring your account from the raw seed
- 6-digit length PIN code to access the wallet screen
Migrating to Substrate 4
🍏 iOS 2.4.0- Polkaswap swapping is being polished before publication on Soralution (Testflight)
The final release of iOS 2.4.0- Polkaswap pooling will include some features initially planned for 2.5.0 as a bonus!
- Restore account from raw seed
- 6-digit length PIN code
Migrating to Substrate 4
👨💻 Work in Progress:
- Working on export account feature
- Preparing node selection feature
👷🏽♀️ SORA Builders Programme updates:
Attention Gamers! The Ceres DEO Arena ß Release will be launched on the 18th of July! You will be able to test the game for free (DEO tokens not required, no rewards) for two weeks, until the season begins on August 1st.
🏆 The first season reward fund is currently worth $20K paid out in XOR!
Announcement regarding new SORA Builders projects
Thank you to all the teams who have signed up to join the SORA Builders Programme. Every application is being looked into individually, so there has been no news yet.
As soon as the next participants have been chosen, there will be an announcement in the SORA Builders Telegram group. Sorry for the inconvenience caused 🙇🏻♂️
🐈⬛ SORA Request for Proposal updates:
The RFP submitted should be in markdown (.md) format moving on, effectively replacing plain text RFP submissions.
🆕 The RFP process is undergoing improvements to its implementation, the scope includes democracy functions to enable referendums to add RFP to the SORA Integrated Plan for development. Please stay tuned for more updates.
Join the Decentralized Development channel on the SORA World Discord.
Thank you for making it all the way here. Your interest is much appreciated. If you are a passionate community member who evangelizes SORA and its supranational cryptoeconomic values to anyone willing to lend an ear, we are looking for you!
Join the SORA Ambassador Program and help us grow, moderate, educate, inspire and encourage the existing community, while reaching out to others. We are open to ambassadors who speak any language, but ideally, a basic level of English is required to communicate with other ambassadors (unless you bring an interpreter).
If you are interested in joining, reach out to an admin, and stay tuned for more updates.
SORA Web Track Progress:
- DEO Arena- 90% As mentioned in the SORA Builder Updates, the beta version of the DEO Arena is ready for testing!
- Polkaswap Charts- 99% Implementation as part of release 1.10.0
Polkaswap Ecosystem Update #45
Finalizing Release 1.10.0, which will include:
✨ Substrate v.4 migration. Polkaswap will be based on Metadata v.14
📈 Charts (linear, candlestick)
✨ Token page improvements
🖥 Improvements to the extension switching flow
✨ Referral link format updates
*This release (1.10.0) depends on the runtime upgrade of the SORA blockchain with Substrate v.4.
Moreover, we’ve started to work on the next release scope preparation.
The Polkaswap Bug Bounty is LIVE! Submit your findings to the Immunefi platform!
For more information and participation rules, read this article on the SORA / Polkaswap Bug Bounty Programme.
As mentioned at the beginning of these updates, many of the development tracks are interconnected and dependent on the progress of other points. The implementation of the Fearless Wallet desktop is undergoing steady development.
SORA Web Track Progress:
- Fearless Wallet Desktop- 50%
Fearless Wallet Ecosystem Update #50
🍎 iOS version
💪 v2.0.12 is going to be released very soon
The set of features for the release is as follows:
✨ Moonbeam collator staking implementation
✨ Equilibrium parachain and EQ asset support
🤖 Android version
🦾 v2.0.8 is going to be released soon.
✨ Moonbeam collator staking implementation
✨ Various UI and architectural optimisations and improvements
🚀 Overall team activities:
New feature research and planning:
🔥 New Fearless Wallet UI/UX
🔥 Staking with Nomination Pools
⛓ New networks:
🚀 Coming soon
🚀 Collaborations and future initiatives
🤝 Kusama treasury → A new stage of development and integration has been approved
🤝 Equilibrium team → Technical Q&A about supporting its native token EQ
🤝 Bifrost team → Discussion about the new proposal (SALP, SLP integrations)
Thank you for your attention during these updates, we hope for your continued support of the SORA network with the goal to achieve a supranational multiverse economic system. We look forward to seeing you in two weeks for the next update.
About SORA, Polkaswap, and Fearless Wallet
SORA is a new economic system aimed at creating a supranational multiverse economic system with built-in tools for decentralized finance (DeFi). The SORA network implements a new way of parachain architecture on Polkadot and Kusama network, with the capability to bridge external blockchains (like Ethereum) to the Polkadot ecosystem.
One of the DeFi applications that will run on the SORA network is Polkaswap, a noncustodial liquidity aggregating, cross-chain AMM DEX designed uniquely for the Polkadot ecosystem with boundless liquidity through its one-of-a-kind Aggregate Liquidity Technology (ALT).
Fearless Wallet is a bespoke mobile wallet designed for the decentralized future on the Polkadot and Kusama ecosystem, with native support for iOS and Android platforms. A premium user experience, fast performance, and secure storage for your accounts. Fearless Wallet will integrate Polkaswap for easy, decentralized swaps of assets.