The difference a year can make
A year ago I learned of the Divine Truth (The Way to God). At the time, I felt fortunate to have stumbled on the information; however, I’ve come to see that I was being led to the truth by God and my Guides.
Coming up on the year anniversary, I decided to spend time reflecting back on what I’ve learned and the changes I’ve made. I went into the exercise expecting to come out the other side potentially frustrated or disappointed with my lack of progress.
As I sat and listed the revelations, battles and learnings of the last year, I quickly became amazed. God is very good to us and I‘m awestruck at the difference a year can truly make.
I’m not at-one with God yet. I still have a lot of progress to make. I still catch myself doing unloving things to myself and to others all the time, but I have faith that I can change. A building faith in myself and in God’s power to change my soul.
In no particular order, these are the gifts I’ve received:
- I’ve started to actually be sensitive to my emotions. After spending my whole life suppressing and denying them, it was really hard at first to identify when I was actually having feelings.
- A growing awareness of how and when I detune from my emotions.
- The ability to identify physical and emotional addictions
- Recognizing I don’t have a strong desire for my soulmate.
- An awareness of my childhood injuries
- Practice of living in truth.
- A connection with my Guides and spirit friends
- Spirit discussions — time I spend everyday trying to help spirits who’re lost or looking for ways to improve their soul condition.
- Divine Truth Meetup
- Music — an exploration of one of my passions
- Writing — another of my passions
- Knowledge of God’s Laws
- Knowledge of the spirit world
- Knowledge of God’s Love as the substance that can transform our soul and through the process of the new birth change us into a divine angel
- Receiving God’s Love
- Developing a relationship with God
- Building of my faith
- Help from God and the use of my will to not engage in sex and marijuana addictions
- A growing understanding of prayer
- A multitude of experiences and lessons
- The rediscovery of wonder and beauty
- Developing my spiritual sight and mediumship
- Remembering (at times) my sleep state experiences
- All of the spiritual books I’ve come across¹
- All of the spiritual books I’ve read
- An understanding of God’s true nature
- A better and more honest understanding of myself
- Developing my humility
- An outlet to express my experiences and share the truth I’m learning (this Medium blog)
- Finding out God has a deep desire to know me and to love me
- Discovering God deeply desires to see me improve and to help me to be happy
- Understanding that God’s plan is to have all be saved in the end
- Realizing I sexually project at men and understanding I can heal and change this within myself
- Coming to understand aspects and qualities of my soul
- Coming to see some of my facade selfs and being open to identifying others
- Being more aware of the judgement I pass on myself
- Being more aware when I self-punish
- Being more aware of the judgement I pass on others
- Having honest and frank conversations in a relationship (for what seems like the first time)
- Seeing the high-level of control I like to exercise in my life
- Coming to know myself as an eternal being
- Coming to discover my personality
- Starting to know and have an appreciation for my passions and desires
- Seeing things I’m fearful of and how I let fear control my life
¹ There are a couple of book lists I’d recommend. The first is from Geoff Cutler’s new-birth.net site (https://new-birth.net/other-stuff/books-we-love/) and the second is from the Divine Truth site (http://divinetruth.com/www/en/html/index.htm#download-otherdt.htm). You can find many books on these sites available for free download.