Weekly Rune and Moon — 13–19 October 2019
As a new week begins, let’s take a look at the upcoming influences. Populus is the overall significator suggesting a month where we go with the flow and seek harmony with others. As always, I’m looking at each day’s numerology, Elder Futhark rune, and Moon information derived from both traditional astrology and Human Design’s use of the I Ching. The runes appear below.
Sunday, 13 October
- Numerology — 13/4 — foundation, structure, sensation, materialism, justice, masculine, Sun, Sagittarius
- Day — Sunday is a day governed by the Sun reflecting success, joy, protection, power, confidence, and health
- Rune — Perthro (14) — Water, birth, womb, chance, well of Wyrd, childbirth, healing, understanding fate, cause/effect, synchronicity, cauldron, divination
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position — Gate 21 Line 1 Warning describing a reluctance to assert oneself or use force
- Astro Moon Position — Aries (active, courageous, decisive); Full at 2:07 PM PDT
Under the overall guise of our significator, Populus, and flowing in harmony with others, it seems that we may be reluctant to assert ourselves today should the situation arise. Perthro’s influence suggests some level of fate is involved yet it is we who create such, so drop resistance, observe more than react, and see what happens.
Watch for synchronicities as they may lead you in a new direction.
Monday, 14 October
- Numerology — 14/5 — change, quintessence, feminine, justice, pentagram, protection, Mercury, Cancer
- Day — Monday is a day governed by the Moon and involves healing and intuition along with feminine magicks
- Rune — Eihwaz (13) — Air/Fire, the connection between opposites, as above so below, the link between realms, trance work, protection
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position — Gate 42 Line 1 Diversification indicates utilization of varied resources to achieve growth
- Astro Moon position — Aries; Taurus (patient, focused, persevering, practical, home and hearth-oriented) at 9:24 AM PM
Both intellect and will are in play as Eihwaz flows energy from Spirit into manifested form. Intuition is strong today and with Spirit guiding our perceptions and choices, we have many resources at our disposal from which to grow. Allow time for meditation today and experience the stillness within.
All things are possible when Spirit informs our path. A five numerology suggests change is afoot perhaps involving our home or career so maintain a positive focus and allow change to take hold.
Tuesday, 15 October
- Numerology — 15/6 — Higher Self, harmony, balance, perfection, peace, benevolence, health, truth, perfection, marriage, rebirth, Merkaba, Venus, Taurus
- Day — Tuesday is governed by Mars and is filled with passion and energy
- Rune — Nauthiz (10) — Fire, Norn (Skuld) of the future, friction within, inner fire, goals, protection, overcoming restriction, binding, positive change, need
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position — Gate 27 Line 3 Greed suggests a focus on need whether appropriate or intrusive.
- Astro Moon position — Taurus (patient, focused, persevering, practical, home and hearth-oriented)
The first of three Norn runes appears today with Nauthiz aligning well with Tuesday’s energetic Mars influence. Nauthiz describes the friction within to manifest and, along with the other Norn runes, expresses Higher Self intention. And with the Taurean influence present, we’re able to persevere to overcome restrictions and achieve a positive outcome.
The Human Design influence of Greed seems to align with Nauthiz as well, but not in the sense of desiring more than is necessary. In this case, I believe greed is suggesting an energetic desire for something more with the inner friction required to manifest that goal.
Wednesday, 16 October
- Numerology — 16/7 — magick, original creation, the balance between dark/light, divinity, 7 Rays, 7 planets, Pleiades, the septenate universe
- Day — Wednesday is governed by Mercury and involves communication, reason, and intellectual expression
- Rune — Hagalaz (9) — Water, witch rune, Hella, destruction within intentional boundaries, hail, Norn (Urdh) rune of the past, celestial ice egg, protection, luck, trance work
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position — Gate 2 Line 4 Secretiveness describes underlying leadership and authority that needs no outward expression
- Astro Moon position — Taurus; Gemini (social, chatty, witty, intellectual, scattered, impulsive) at 7:30 PM PDT
Whereas we felt the inner friction to manifest something new yesterday with Nauthiz, today we catalyze that change through fixed boundaries with Hagalaz, the Norn rune of the past. A seven numerology suggests finding our resting or still point to achieve balance and trance work or meditation may help in that regard.
As communication is also favored today, we may experience a change in our interactions with others, allowing conflict to pass as we allow a new perspective to take hold. The Moon moves into Gemini in the early evening and spending time socializing with friends who may benefit from your experience and advice.
Thursday, 17 October
- Numerology — 17/8 — practical matters, leadership, responsibility, judicial power, intellect, universal harmony, justice, regeneration
- Day — Thursday is governed by Jupiter and involves expansion and benevolence
- Rune — Isa (11) — Water, Norn (Verdandi) rune of the present, ice, becoming, stillness, will development, contraction, focus, consciousness, freezing unwanted behavior or situations
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position — Gate 8 Line 5 Dharma describes independence arising from a foundational relationship
- Astro Moon position — Gemini — (social, chatty, witty, intellectual, scattered, impulsive)
Isa, the last of the three Norn runes, is perhaps the most interesting rune of all. As the eleventh rune of the Elder Futhark, Isa’s numerology and definition both reflect the Master Number for illumination. Isa is the rune of the present moment, its goddess assisting us to align in Higher Self or Source presence.
Given Jupiter’s expansive influence, and the benevolence and justice found in the eight, Spirit will have a profound effect on the day. The Dharma mentioned from the Human Design chart arises from strength provided by Spirit as well as the eight numerology and provides an interesting end to the energy of the Norns. First, we felt the inner need with Nauthiz for change followed by casting the intention with Hagalaz breaking through the past to embrace something new. Today’s alignment with Isa provides the focus and possibly the form for that new direction.
Friday, 18 October
- Numerology — 18/9 — completion, endings, Mars, Scorpio, Theta
- Day — Friday is governed by Venus and involves love, balance, and harmony
- Rune — Dagaz (23) — Water, new day, dawn, endings and beginnings, conclusion, daylight, awakening, all doors open, all options available
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position — Gate 16 Line 6 Gullibility describes the ability to be easily led without adequate time for objective discernment
- Astro Moon position — Gemini (social, chatty, witty, intellectual, scattered, impulsive)
Endings and beginnings are favored today with Friday’s nine numerology and the presence of Dagaz. All options are available and with the Moon in chatty Gemini, we may be scattered enough that we don’t realize when someone takes advantage. The Moon appearing at Gate 16 Line 6 describes this as gullibility reflecting a lack of discernment or focus necessary to see when we’re being manipulated.
In fact, the flow of Dagaz from completion to awakening may indicate a readiness to let go of illusion and interact in a way that more effectively establishes and respects boundaries.
Saturday, 19 October
- Numerology — 19/1 — new beginnings, wholeness, unity, self, intuitive knowledge, Monad, First Cause, Alpha
- Day — Saturday is governed by Saturn and involves binding, slowing, and resistance
- Rune — Uruz (2) — Water, primal forming essence, health, endurance, healing, strength, aurochs, energy shaping matter
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position — Gate 12 Line 2 Purification describes the removal from negative situations
- Astro Moon position — Gemini; Cancer (emotional, reclusive when under stress) at 3:43 AM PDT
Today’s one numerology builds on Friday’s efforts at establishing healthier boundaries as we take time to reflect on where we’ve been and where we’re going in our relationships with others. Uruz provides the impetus to take back our power and assert our sovereignty with others.
We possess the strength within today to determine the type of situations and interactions we will engage in, choosing to stay clear of those that involve manipulation and disrespect.
I thought it was pretty cool that the Norns made an appearance this week influencing Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Sunday is my birthday, and given that I’m a witch who practices rune magick, their appearance in such a profound way this week is a blessing indeed!
Relationships and boundaries are clearly in play during the week and our significator, Populus isn’t necessarily helping us achieve a better outcome. The downside of going with the flow, or with the crowd, the definition of Populus, is that it may prevent us from speaking up for ourselves when we need to do so. We may feel intimidated into remaining silent, allowing others to establish boundaries that may suit them but that ultimately disrespect the relationship overall.
Dagaz on Friday and Uruz on Saturday allow us to chart a new path, letting go of behavior that simply doesn’t serve us any longer and aligning ourselves with that which establishes inner strength and healthier boundaries with others.
Until next week…
Blessings to all!
Originally published at https://www.imsteppingaside.com on October 13, 2019.