Span: personalized and continuous chronic care from home
How we put you in remission of type 2 diabetes in 12 weeks
Hey again 👋 You’ve probably experienced this in a traditional clinical setting: your doctor doesn’t have much time to spend with you when it comes to chronic conditions and symptoms.
To educate you, provide the feedback you need, teach you how to interpret it, all of this on a daily basis, you would almost need a doctor dedicated to you, and only you.
As a result, you feel lost first, then overwhelmed with conflicting information you find online, and struggle to take control of your condition.
That’s where we come in
We have the time, the experience, and the right feedback tools to empower you to reach the nirvana of maximum healthspan 🧘
We believe chronic care should be simple, continuous and personalized.
We’re designing a novel model of care exactly like this, for the digital world.
Picture this 📷
Hop on your App Store of choice to download our mobile app: you can browse your condition or a symptom you feel, and then sign-up for a therapy 🚀
In a matter of days, you receive your onboarding kit, a set of structured steps so you can understand your metabolism and take control of this condition.
The best part? A medical doctor and nutritionist in the palm of your hand!
We design a lifestyle that you enjoy, with realistic goals, for your optimal healthspan & lifespan 🧘
Not so fast though 🏃🏽
We’re not selling dodgy supplements, nor a fad diet here. Although it’s highly personalized, designing such therapies necessitates thorough medical research and pre-existing clinical trials.
They allow us to define therapy protocols, in collaboration with science advisors from institutions we work with, such as Stanford University.
Let’s start with one thing, and do it well
Amazon didn’t start selling everything on earth on day one: only books 😉Focus is key to success: our initial target is type 2 diabetes.
Clinical trials have repeatedly shown how nutritional ketosis helps reverse insulin resistance and creates a sustainable path to remission 👩🏽🔬
Our therapy has been carefully designed based on these clinical studies by Adam, our Chief Medical Officer.
This is how it works:
- We provide you with a smart blood tracking device for glucose and ketones so that together, we can understand your metabolism’s baseline 📈
- Your doctor Adam and your nutritionist Rachel will receive the data and send your macronutrients: the amount of protein, carbohydrates and fats you should eat on a daily basis 🥑
- You can easily shop and cook using the nutrition guide that automatically adapts the list of recommended foods based on your target 🎯
- For example, by scanning barcodes at your local supermarket, the app tells you whether you can have specific foods and provides an ideal portion 🍽️
- We send you supplements in your onboarding kit to help you alleviate symptoms at the right time — such as diziness linked to loss of minerals 🚰
Any questions? You can ask them at any point on the dedicated chat.
We’ll also send you articles written by our talented team: our goal is that you quickly learn about your condition, to reassure and empower you along your journey 💪
This is the typical feeling at the end of these joyful journeys 😍
“I just got back from an important doctor visit. Glucose was 85. My new a1c….drum roll please….4.9!
It’s a dark and raining day outside but the sun is shining bright on me today. Life is good!”
— John, ex-diabetic
The future of digital therapies 👩⚕️
This same insulin resistance has been linked with increased risks of cancer, obesity, cardiovascular and neurodegenerative diseases. Researchers and doctors are already leveraging nutritional ketosis to reverse it and designing therapeutic protocols for other conditions.
You can expect to see digital therapies popping up on the Span app for these chronic diseases in the next few years 📱
Like what you’re hearing? 🤩
Next up, I’ll tell you more about the healthcare model for chronic disease, why it’s outdated, and how we designed for these issues when building Span.
In the meantime, we’re looking for authentic ambassadors who have lived through the problem, or can relate through family and friends to join us on our mission:
We’re looking for authentic ambassadors:
- Fancy free bites of quality health education? Sign up for the newsletter on our website
- You’re interested in our programs, or want to refer someone?
- You’re an investor or a doctor? Just want to chat?
Email us at email@example.com
Til next time 🙌🏽
I’m sure you’re curious about the science behind all this 🔬 Here are some recent medical publications about this topic: