SPARTA Whitelisted on KyberSwap
As breifly touched on last week, the SPARTA token is now whitelisted on KyberSwap, big thanks to the contributors who reached out to get the ball rolling with this and to the Kyber team for the swift action making it happen.
The SpartanProtocol AMM pools are already integrated indirectly through KyberSwaps aggregator with ongoing discussions between contributors and the Kyber team to also work on a direct, conscious integration of the AMM.
When swapping tokens, DeFi users should ALWAYS at least check the comparison rate with swap aggregators like KyberSwap rather than blindly using a single-source swap DApp like PCS, UniSwap or our own community DApp. Dont trust, verify!
New Pool Listings
This week we saw two new pools listed permissionlessly by the Spartan community. First to deploy was the XRP:SPARTA pool. This pool reached its 7 day maturity and subsequently the initial liquidity provider removed their liquidity. There is nothing wrong with this as such, but before paying the gas to deploy a new pool, pool creators should ensure they are adding enough liquidity to make the pool a viable route to meet some of the demand for the underlying token. No stress though, the XRP pool is now there, established and ready for liquidity providers to come along and make it a viable swap route in the future!
The 2nd new pool listed by the community this week was the BAT:SPARTA (Brave ‘Basic Attention Token’ token) pool. This pool had its initial liquidity caps (100K) hit straight away and raised to 200K to allow in more liquidity, still now holding the initial ~100K liquidity after reaching its initialization phase. The TVL is still a little low to be a viable route for swaps, but in a good position to gradually build in the coming weeks/months.
Liquidity Caps Increased
As mentioned above, the new BAT pool had its liquidity caps raised from 100K to 200K when they were met almost instantly upon the pool being created. Another pool that reached its caps this week was the FOUR pool, which had its caps raised from 200K -> 400K
Don’t forget to vote for SPARTA every day Spartans!
Weekly Community Call / Hangout
Hosted every Wednesday at ~11:00 UTC but subject to change based on community feedback and availability. Please check the Telegram channel each Tuesday/Wednesday to confirm the exact time.
Weekly LearnToEarn Quiz
Congratulations to the winners of the weekly Spartan Protocol LearnToEarn quiz.
- View winners Tweet
- Read more about the subject for the quiz: ‘listing new pools’ in our community Docs
There is a new #LearnToEarn quiz up and live for Spartans keen to learn and win some SPARTA in the process!
Don’t forget to ask on the socials if you are not sure! The community is there to help and these quizzes are all about learning!
Our community collates the public Spartan Protocol data into a PDF report each month covering Google Search (impressions, clicks, devices, keywords & geographical) & Twitter analytics. You can find the full August report here.
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/spartan-protocol/spartan-site
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/spartan-protocol/spartan-api
- added a new pool bypass whilst subgraph was being updated
- removed the bypass after the subgraph updated
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/spartan-protocol/spartan-subgraph
reduce unneeded historical entities
- adjusted utils.ts `checkPoolMetricsDay` and `checkPoolMetricsHour` to have an additional arg as a basis to check ‘how far back’ from
- `checkPoolMetricsDay` only needs 30 days of historical ‘candles’ to form its 30 day rolling figures, so we do not need to go all the way back to the AMM’s genesis block for every pool (we just have to make sure we use ZERO for the 30day rolling figures if we hit that limit)
- `checkPoolMetricsHour` only needs 24 hours of historical ‘candles’ to form its 24hr rolling figures, so we do not need to go all the way back to the AMM’s genesis block for every pool (we just have to make sure we use ZERO for the 24hr rolling figures if we hit that limit)
- These two changes have given us a 50% saving on overall entities generated by the subgraph up to the current block vs prior to the changes (~80K entities vs ~160k) and the savings will be exponential over time and with increased pools being listed
rolling figures fallback to zero when impartial
- added a check to the rolling calculation (whenever we ‘minus’ the oldest ‘candle’ to get the new rolling figure) to fallback to zero when resulting in a negative figure
- this update is a ‘self-healing’ bandaid but with inactive pools (not very important anyway), it will still result in rolling figures that are actually lower than reality, a github issue has been created to account for this
- ie. as long as a pool has at least one swap every ~25 hours, this figure will stay perfectly accurate, for pools that do not, the figure will be lower than ‘actual’ during a self-healing period of double the window ( ~50hrs ) reaching accuracy again thereafter as long as there are swaps every 25 hours from there-on
- The github issue mentioned will potentially increase the accuracy window from ~25hrs to ~100hrs which is more than sufficient considering that rolling figure is only really used for DEX data-aggregator listings intended for active pools that should never have a 100hr inactivity period
Protocol Contracts V3
- Create an optional V3 token contract
- Create a controller contract
- Create a BEP20 pool/LP token contract design
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/spartan-protocol/resources
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/spartan-protocol/spartan-docs
Protocol Contracts V1 — V2
Ecosystem Project: SpartanSwap
SpartanSwap is just a placeholder for now, but it is a separate project with the intention of building an alternative frontend for users to interact with the Spartan Protocol pools. With a focus on swap functionality to start with and longer-term plans to iterate towards becoming a swap aggregator for BNBChain and potentially multi-chain after that
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/Spartan-Swap/SpartanSwapContracts
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/Spartan-Swap/SpartanSwapDApp
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/Spartan-Swap/SpartanSwapResources
Ecosystem Project: SpartanArena
SpartanArena is another separate project with a focus on creating subprojects that lean more towards ‘gaming’. Some ideas in the works for the future may include an NFT looter game, lottery and a prediction/parimutuel game
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/SpartanArena/SpartanArenaDApp
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/SpartanArena/SpartanArenaResources
Ecosystem Project: SpartanToolkit
Spartan Toolkit is an ecosystem project spawned from the Spartan Protocol community aiming to improve tooling for projects and users within the BNBChain ecosystem including Beacon, Smart & BAS chains.
Temp GitHub Repo: https://github.com/Spartan-Toolkit/beptools
Legacy BepTools Repo: https://gitlab.com/canyacoin/binancechain/beptools (will request a PR and/or mirror to GitHub)
Temp Frontend: https://beptools.netlify.app/
SpartanToolkit contributors have forked and updated/fixed wallet connections etc on the BepTools DApp to give BinanceChain / BeaconChain / BEP2 users a way to freeze/unfreeze & batch send BEP2 tokens on BNB Beacon Chain
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/Spartan-Toolkit/web3-bnb
A React library with the intention of providing builders with a plug-and-play solution for any web3 wallet compatible with BNB ecosystem chains (Beacon, Smart, BAS etc)
BNB Beacon Chain Toolkit DApp
A tooling user interface for users + projects on BNB Beacon Chain. Batch-send, freeze/unfreeze, deploy BEP2 token etc without touching the command line!
BNB Smart Chain Toolkit DApp
Tooling and informational user interface for users + projects on BNB Smart Chain
- Website: https://SpartanProtocol.org/
- DApp: https://DApp.SpartanProtocol.org/
- Documentation: https://Docs.SpartanProtocol.org/
- GitHub: https://GitHub.com/spartan-protocol
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/spartanprotocol
- Telegram Community: https://t.me/spartanprotocolorg
- Telegram Announcements: https://t.me/spartanprotocolann
Spartan Protocol and its extended ecosystem is a 100% open source community movement. Being an open org, everything is built, run and maintained by the community. If you would like to contribute or learn more, reach out in the community channels!