Spectre3D V2.0 is here!
Spectre3D is a premium 3D-scanning app for your iPhone or iPad. You can use it to capture stunningly detailed scans of…
A lot has happened since we launched Spectre3D V1.0 in August 2021.
For one thing, we’ve completely rebuilt our scanning engine to support photogrammetry. This means higher quality scans, and our app is no longer limited to just the iPhone and iPad models with built-in lidar depth sensors. This allows even more users to create stunning 3D models!
For a second thing, our team has more than doubled in size! That means more features, quicker bug fixes, and a more reliable scanning experience for everyone.
Here are a few of the big features landing with Spectre3D V2.0:
Photogrammetry is a scanning method that can turn a collection of ordinary 2D images into an extremely high-quality 3D model. This is exciting for a few reasons:
- You don’t need a fancy phone with a lidar depth sensor to capture 3D models — any phone or device with a regular camera will work fine.
- You can convert existing images/videos into high-quality 3D models (have a video from that trip to paris last year?).
- You can use video and images from nearly any source — for example a DJI Mini 2 drone, or a GoPro.
Share Your Creations
Just like photos and videos, it’s important that you can share your 3D scans with friends and family. In V2.0, you can share all of your creations at the click of a button:
- Upload directly to Sketchfab, one of our favorite platforms for sharing and embedding 3D models. They even have a marketplace where you can sell your creations.
- Share scans directly to Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit with our social sharing buttons and embedded web viewer.
- Share a link to our full-screen web viewer to skip the hassle.
Export to More Formats
We’ve added support for STL, DAE, USDZ, and GLTF/GLB — some of the most popular 3D file formats today. If you need to import 3D scans into a specific application, we can almost guarantee that our file formats are supported.
We have a lot of big plans… here are just a few of the features and apps arriving in Q2 2022:
- Spectre3D Model Editor
- Spectre3D Android
- Spectre3D Web
- Spectre3D Cloud Platform