ANCIENT HALABY CHICKEN KEBABS WITH LEMON GARLIC YOGURT
Perfect over a bed of rice or freshly grilled veggies, middle eastern flavors will pop from your kitchen with the addition of this garlic-ey yogurt sauce.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10–12 minutes
Skewers: Metal, bamboo or wooden
Wire whisk for mixing sauce
TIPS/THINGS TO REMEMBER
- For even coating and deeper penetration, season the chicken cubes before skewering them
- If your skewers are wooden or bamboo, soak them in water for 10 minutes to help prevent burning
- Zest your lemon first and then cut it in half to juice the rest
- This will make more sauce than you will likely use, goes great with roasted veggies as well.
- 2 Chicken thighs, cut into 1–1.5” cubes
- 2 tsp Ancient Halaby Spice Blend
- ½ tsp kosher or other coarse salt
For the Sauce:
- 1.5 cups of Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of half lemon
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- Zest of half a lemon
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat barbeque or broiler
- Toss chicken cubes with Ancient Halaby Spice Blend and salt to evenly coat; set to the side.
- For the sauce, mix together all ingredients except the zest; adjust salt to taste. Set to the side.
- Skewer chicken and grill over medium high heat, 4–5 minutes each side.
- To serve, spoon yogurt sauce over the top, and top with lemon zest and freshly cracked pepper.