Signs of Spiritual Awakening
What exactly is a spiritual awakening, and is there a way you can tell if you are having one?
I am a deep believer in spirituality and have often found myself wondering about spiritual healing and awakening. There is a lack of clear definition, to pigeon hole it into a particular categorical definition. For me, it is more of feeling deeply connected and feeling the free flow of energy in my body.
Chances are you too have experienced things differently and you are on your way to spiritual awakening.
As a daily routine, I practice yoga and meditation and I read spiritual books for 15–20minutes everyday morning, to help me keep positivity resonating with me throughout the day. This way, I have read a lot of books on spirituality. To name a few impactful ones — Untethered Soul, The quest of the overself, Hidden Teaching Beyond Yoga, etc. This self-care routine for over 4+ years has bestowed me with self-awareness and deeper connection within me and external to me. I am more aware than ever before.
Spiritual awakening is not a venture that can be explored in a short time. It is a journey, a prolonged journey in parallel to the universe. It helps to understand that one has set foot in a new path, the spiritual path. When we undergo a spiritual awakening, we “wake up” to life — more alive, joyful and feel at ease. The spiritual awakening process is layered, and different for everyone, and takes different time frames to achieve it. In reality, as I mentioned, it cannot be a fit for any categories.
Therefore, you may experience some of these or none of these, one of these, or all of these:
- Finding Inner Peace — Inner peace becomes unflappable. It means when things go wrong in your life, you aren’t on an emotional roller coaster of sadness, frustration, or angst. You feel emotional charges, but it is fleeting. Inner peace is like an ocean of positive emotions and intermittent waves are negative emotions.
2. Signs of being in Synch or Increased Synchronicity — You see repeated numbers like 11:11, 18:18 etc. on the clock or number plates, often. You remember a friend and you see a text or call from her the next day, etc. There is that feeling that the universe is conspiring to make something happen and that is in synch with your energy.
3. Increased Compassion — You are more kind and compassionate towards others thoughts and feelings.
4. Desire Freedom and feel Detachment from material possessions — You feel free and nothing to weigh you down and the need for a lot of things in your life reduces, you no longer want the latest phone, bag, outfit, which brought monetary happiness to you before.
5. Feel Deep Emotions & Connections — You start connecting and understanding people and sensing the vibes of people around you and be free from judgement.
6. Observing Patterns — You notice you are out of the autopilot you were set on and giving a thought about yourself and aware about witnessing life, you maybe find yourself asking questions.
7. Flourishing and Happier — You start feeling drawn to your inspiration and strive to improve yourself, Personal Growth & Development is your new friend.
8. Spontaneity — You are more spontaneous and willing to explore anything that excites you.
9. Urge to spend time alone in silence or Disconnect — A sense of sitting by your self and listening and taking care of your body becomes a priority.
10. Desire to Connect with Nature — You are more drawn to nature its plants, animals and in search of what the whole universe has in store for you.
You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level — Eckhart Tolle
Practices to Assist in Your Spiritual Awakening
For those of you reading this and feeling like you have experienced some of these points and desire to awaken yourself fully to its potential, here are some recommended activities:
- Meditate regularly
- Spend time alone
- Laugh your heart out
- Dance freely with no inhibitions
- Connect with your community
- Practice gratitude regularly
- Slow down and observe
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road does not mean they are lost.
~ Dalai Lama
© Shweta, 2020. All Rights Reserved.
Find my creative works here on Baking of Words & Muses.
Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed this, explore a few of my other essays/flash fiction stories.