5 Signs You’re Going Through A Spiritual Awakening
A spiritual awakening can be a frightening experience to go through, particularly in a society that discourages asking questions. The following is a list of symptoms that you can expect to encounter along your journey.
Don’t worry — you’re not going crazy, you’re becoming highly aware and it’s a process of adjustment.
1. You’re questioning things you never used to. You may start to question why you are expected to do or not do certain things. You might start to wonder why you have find a job, get married, have children or anything else your parents expect you to do. Stay calm and try to have rational discussions with your parents and see if you can come to a conclusion that makes sense for you.
2. You’re experiencing dramatic highs and lows. One day you might feel on top of the world and the next you might feel lower than you’ve ever been. This is a sign that you’re raising your vibration or elevating your consciousness. This is a common symptom whilst experiencing an awakening and is a great sign to watch out for. Try to observe your mental state over time by keeping a journal.
3. You don’t resonate with people you used to. You start to see people’s true intentions and understand why they behave the way they do. You may start to realise that friends you thought had your best interest at heart were actually using you for their own gain. Don’t judge them — recognise what their intentions are and distance yourself.
4. Your behaviour is changing dramatically. You may have once been the life and soul of the party and now you prefer to be alone. You may decide to stop consuming certain foods or drugs and you might break up with your current partner. These behavioural changes occur because your perspective is shifting and you need time away from others who aren’t yet awake to integrate new experiences.
5. You’re seeking answers. The stories you were once told don’t make sense anymore and you are now seeking more concrete answers. Whether it be the origin of the universe, religion or where our food comes from — you want answers that make sense to you instead of the ones you’re presented with. This thirst for knowledge will cause you to seek out knowledge and through this you will develop your own truths about the world you live in.
Along the journey of spiritual awakening you will encounter many people who are still “asleep” — recognise them and leave them to continue with their journey. It is not your responsibility to awaken them, they will learn in their own time — lead by example instead of trying to preach to others.
Keep in mind that it is dangerous to wake someone who is sleepwalking.
Peace & positive vibes.