“That Ronaldo Goal” on social
As I was following UEFA Champions League last night and saw the amazing Ronaldo second goal in Torino I was immediately curious of how the social ecosystem would have leveraged that to generate interest and traffic.
I have collected a series of screenshot from Instagram, Facebook, Twitter on my smartphone between 7am and 9am CET, I guess the stats will go up during the morning.
I have considered the accounts from Real Madrid, La Liga, UEFA, 433, Copa90, Bt Sport and others.
Most outlets posted in real-time but some surprisingly only just posted this morning.
- Real Madrid instagram post at 2.3M likes
- UEFA instagram post at 1M likes
- Comparison with Mandzukic volley
- BT Sport video with 1.9M views (UK only in theory)
- EA using the game to explain why he got so good :)
- Some low 10k views video from illegal sources (on twitter mostly)
- Juventus fans celebrating Ronaldo with a standing ovation #thebeautifulgame
- A confirmation that Facebook and Twitter have less engagement than instagram if done right these days
Infographics by KPMG Football Benchmark