Software Eats Sports
Our friends at Silicon Valley VC firm Andreessen Horowitz, co-founded by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, caught our attention in their most recent newsletter with a section called “Software Eats…Sports.”
Five stories that illustrate the rise of sports+tech were featured:
- How the Internet has changed the definition of ‘sports’ — Kevin Morris, Wired
- Why the next sports empire will be built on eSports — Prashob Menom / REDEF, LinkedIn
- Resistance is futile: eSports is massive and growing — Ben Casselman, FiveThirtyEight
- A legendary turning point in League of Legends history — Mina Kimes, ESPN
- The rise of eSports — Ben Shaw
While the intersection of sports + technology covers a wide set of areas, from wearables to analytics to fan engagement to virtual reality and much more, it’s clear from the set of links that eSports (or gaming) is growing by leaps and bounds.
Note: if you want to contribute an article or if you are an entrepreneur, investor or mentor that wants to learn more about startups opportunities in the growing sports tech space, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Originally published at sportscolab.wordpress.com.