At SQM Janitorial Services Inc. we are unable to self-quarantine as we are an essential business with many of our employees working on the front lines However, we always like to work in the best interest of our communities as we are aware that the majority of individuals are staying home. It’s possible that you have made several Amazon orders and food delivery orders as well during your time at home. You might be asking: What if the individual who delivered it was sick? It is still possible to contract COVID-19 if you are staying home and we would like to answer some FAQ in order to provide a better understanding of how to prevent COVID-19.
Q: How safe is the food that I ordered for delivery?
A: According to UNICEF, there is currently no evidence of the contraction of COVID-19 through food/food packaging. Additionally, it is not a digestive disease. Rather, it is a respiratory disease that affects the lungs. However, it is possible for the surfaces of foods to be contaminated and it entering your body after touching your face/mouth etc.
Extra precautions can be taken in order to effectively deal with food handling and packaging:
- Any unessential packaging should be disposed of immediately.
- The containers can be wiped clean with a disinfectant wipe if meant to be stored. However, it is suggested that the containers be thrown away and all food should be stored on a clean plate.
- Unpacked produce should be avoided. However, if it is to be eaten, it should be washed and thoroughly rinsed with water.
- After undergoing the essential necessary precautions for dealing with food packaging it is suggested to clean your hands with an antibacterial soap or hand sanitizer.
General tips to undergo before with food handling:
- Hands should be thoroughly washed with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- All food should be stored in a responsible manner, keeping in mind the expiry date. Many individuals have stocked up on items and it is crucial to place items in the fridge and freezer if necessary.
- Utensils and plates should always be washed prior to use.
Q: How safe is the package that has been delivered at my doorstep?
A: A not-yet-published study has determined that the virus can live for up to 24 hours on the cardboard. Hence, it is recommended that the packages be left outside of the house for at least a day. Any products can additionally be wiped down thoroughly using a disinfectant wipe. Finally, hands should be thoroughly washed with an antibacterial soap.
Founded in 2000, SQM Janitorial Services Inc. provides the highest quality janitorial services which are backed by our reliable service, company culture and innovative practices.
“We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
- Share this article with others! 👍
- Follow the SQM Janitorial Services Inc. publication on Medium for more tips similar to these! We will be publishing weekly blogs. 🙏
- Follow our Linkedin Page for more updates on our initiatives and practices. 👔
Thanks again for visiting the SQM Janitorial Services Inc. blog!