Seven Days of Open Source
Releasing major milestones of our open source projects.
Written by Jake Wharton.
Heads up, we’ve moved! If you’d like to continue keeping up with the latest technical content from Square please visit us at our new home https://developer.squareup.com/blog
Square Engineering is celebrating the arrival of Google’s annual I/O conference here in San Francisco by releasing seven open source projects, all of which are major milestones for us.
Two of the major development platforms in focus at I/O are Android and Java. At Square, we are deeply invested in both of these platforms. As such, all of the releases over the next seven weekdays will be focused on one or both of these great technologies.
In addition to the releases, this blog will feature a new post every day which will provide more information about each project, including our motivation behind it and its use at Square.
Be sure to check back the rest of this week and next for each great release!
- Monday (5/6): Announcing OkHttp
- Tuesday (5/7): Slash Your Wiring Code With Dagger
- Wednesday (5/8): MimeCraft, JavaWriter, and ProtoParser
- Thursday (5/9): Better Android Testing with Robolectric 2.0
- Friday (5/10): Boost Your Productivity With IntelliJ Plugins
- Monday (5/13): Easy HTTP Requests with Retrofit
- Tuesday (5/14): Enhance you Application with Picasso