StaFi Protocol Monthly — November Community Update
StaFi is growing faster than ever with our latest technical and community updates this November including a brand new StaFi Website, the launch of the StaFiHub DAO Governance Forum and more! The focus on our community has been gaining headway as we experience an increase in participation on our DAO Forum. Here are November’s highlights in a nutshell.
1. StaFiHub Launches DAO Governance Forum on Commonwealth
In collaboration with Commonwealth, StaFiHub launched its DAO Governance Forum on the 1st November 2022. Commonwealth is a governance and community management protocol that enables decentralized governance of the StaFiHub ecosystem. Everyone is now welcome to create proposals, raise feedback and launch bounties!
- StaFiHub Products
- StaFiHub Validator
- General Chat
Visit Forum: https://commonwealth.im/stafihub/discussions
2. Brand New Website Launched www.stafi.io
On November 3, StaFi launched its new website which can now be accessed at https://stafi.io. This website serves as a design rework and focused on the unification of the entire StaFi Ecosystem.
Website Upgrade Features:
- rToken Page where you may find the latest information about rTokens in a single page.
- 1-Click rProduct Matrix — 5 main products; rToken App, rDEX, rBridge, rPool and Staking Analytics can be easily assessed in a single click.
- Community page which you may find all available Community Programs, ecosystem updates and social channels.
Website Upgrade Highlights:
- Staking/Validator stats now displayed on homepage
- Navigate through StaFi and StaFiHub chain
- Explore the rToken Ecosystem
- Catch up with eco news on homepage
- Build on StaFi in one click
- Easily navigate through the rToken App
- rToken Page
- 1-Click rProduct Matrix-5 for StaFi main products
- Community page
1. Thanksgiving Gifts and StaFi Moderator Recruitment Program
On 24th November, StaFi celebrated Thanksgiving Day by launching short and long term incentives for StaFi Moderators as well as a Moderator Recruitment Program which has received many applications so far. Anyone that meets the criteria listed are encouraged to apply to become a StaFi Moderator.
- Short-term Incentive: On Thanksgiving Day 2022, the StaFi team will be sending 500U (in FIS tokens) as an incentive for each member of the StaFi Moderator Team to show our thanks for their work in the past period of time.
- Long-term Incentive: Moderators who are able to work for a full year, starting from Thanksgiving 2022 (November 24, 2022), will receive a reward package worth 5,000 FIS for their hard work over the past year.
Moderators being recruited
- StaFi Twitter Operator
- StaFi Forum Manager
- Video Producer
- Testing Moderator
- Meme Creator
Moderator Recruitment Program: https://commonwealth.im/stafihub/discussion/7467-stafi-moderator-incentive-program
2. Governance Vote — $rATOM Mintdrop Campaign
The StaFi $rATOM Mintdrop Campaign was first launched on August 30th 2022 on StaFiHub to promote the staking of ATOM or our rATOM V2 Solution. A share of $200,000 FIS was prepared with an APR of 1.35 FIS per staked ATOM. However, a low participation rate was observed leaving 197,000 FIS unclaimed. We have launched a governance vote on the 18th November to obtain feedback from participants and improve any future campaigns launched. All community members are encouraged to provide feedback accordingly.
3. Grant Proposal: Gitbook Content Writing/Editing
On October 22, a StaFi Moderator, Adam, proposed to rewrite and re-edit the StaFi documentation to ensure updated and consistent content that matches our current developments. Many major developments listed below as well as additional resources will be rewritten for StaFi’s upcoming rToken V4, rETH V2, rDEX V2, rBridge and more! Participate in our grant proposal discussions today by providing your feedback on our DAO Governance forum.
4. StaFi Education — StaFiHub Module On StaFi Chain
On November 23, an educational thread was created on StaFiHub’s DAO Governance Forum highlighting the differences between StaFiHub and StaFi Chain. This thread represents one of the many educational threads which will be created by StaFi Moderators as well as our community members.
5. StaFi Rangers Program — Social Engagement Incentives
AlphaTower, a StaFi Moderator, has made an amazing proposal on the 30th November to incentivize social media engagements on Twitter through the StaFi Rangers Program. The program will be seeking out influential individuals on Twitter to further increase StaFi’s social outreach. Community members that meet the criteria as a StaFi Ranger are encouraged to apply via the link below. Provide your feedback to us about this program by participating on our DAO Governance Forum.
Read More: https://link.medium.com/9c0hQA1knvb
In November, StaFi released a series of polls to explore the community‘s views on the StaFi Ecosystem, please find them listed below:
1. Commonwealth x StaFi AMA — StaFiHub Launch
In collaboration with the Commonwealth Team, StaFi took part in an AMA in accordance with the launch of StaFiHub DAO Governance Platform on the Commonwealth Platform on November 10th. A variety of topics were discussed relating to theStaFiHub DAO Governance Forum. The AMA was hosted on Twitter Spaces and can be found at: https://twitter.com/hicommonwealth/status/1590491598818660353
2. BlockPI Web3 Startup Program Partnership
On November 18th, the BlockPI Web3 Startup Program was launched to provide assistance to web3 native infrastructure projects during these difficult times we are experiencing. StaFi is proud to be a supporter of this Program. All Web3 startups needing assistance are welcomed to apply.
3.Certik x StaFi AMA — StaFi Ecosystem, Liquid Staking, Security & More
An AMA was held in collaboration with Certik, a prestigious blockchain auditing firm, to discuss liquid staking, security and the future of the StaFi Ecosystem as a whole. A 500 $FIS reward pool was rewarded to the best questions asked during the AMA. It is one of our priorities to collaborate with industry leaders to further increase our audience and user base.
Development work in December progresses forward with the rToken APP V4 being the core focus of the StaFi Team. All in all, optimization of rETH App staking and validator related functions has been fully completed. Optimization of rMATIC, rBNB and other rProducts will be continued through technological advancements and further optimizations of the staking process to provide an improved rToken management experience for our users. Community interaction efforts also remain a top priority with an abundance of off-chain governance events being carried out; we will continue to strengthen StaFi Warrior participation and explore improved governance methods in the near future. Let’s keep focusing on our long term vision this December!
StaFi is the first DeFi protocol unlocking liquidity of staked assets. Users can stake PoS tokens through StaFi and receive rTokens in return, which are available for trading, while still earning staking rewards. rToken is a synthetic staking derivative issued by StaFi to users when users stake PoS tokens through StaFi rToken App . rTokens are anchored to the PoS tokens staked by users and the corresponding staking rewards. rTokens can be transferred and traded at any time.