It’s been one amazing year! As we wrapped up the decade and look back on 2019, we decided to give you our top highlights from StageOne’s fund and portfolio companies.
Two of our Fund II Companies took a graceful bow having been acquired by leading corporations
- Apprente which developed AI speech-based conversational agents for customer-facing applications was acquired by McDonald’s Corporation
- SafeDK which offers end-to-end SDK management platforms was acquired by Applovin, a KKR-backed multi-billion-dollar mobile marketing platform
Welcome to the Portfolio Family!
Many of our portfolio companies continued to grow, moving on to additional rounds of funding:
- NeuroBlade raised $23M led by new investors Marius Nacht and Intel Capital, with participation from StageOne and Grove Ventures
- vHive raised $5.5M led by new investor Octopus Ventures, with participation from StageOne and private investors
- Coralogix raised $10M led by new investor Aleph, with participation from StageOne, Janvest Capital Partners and 2B Angels
- SilverFort raised $6.5M led by new investors Citi Ventures and Aspect
- Capitalise raised $3.6M led by new investor Silverhorn
- Theator raised $2.5m from new investor NFX
New Partnerships and Outstanding Results
A few highlights of our portfolio companies’ achievements:
- Otonomo partnered with Avis Budget to create smarter cities.
- Otonomo expanded its leading automotive data services platform by collaborating with Microsoft
- Model9 became an AWS Partner Network (APN) Advanced Technology Partner
- Epsagon partnered with AWS as a Retail Competency Partner
- Avanan reinvents email security with first Inline API-Based Solution to catch advanced phishing attacks
Great Awards Season Goes To…
…Our portfolio company, Silverfort, that won multiple market awards and received recognition from corporations including Microsoft Security 20/20 Partner award, Best Identity Access Management (IAM) award, CNBC’s Upstart 100! 451 Firestarter, CRN Hot Security Startup and more.
Expanding the Team
We have added a new team member to the fund, Yael Eckstein, who manages all the marketing activities for the fund. Get to know Yael in her blog, in which she discussed her journey to VC and her marketing methods.
A New Program is Born
Last month, we launched an initiative for female founders to meet with our team, to be mentored, tell their company pitch, receive concrete advice, consult and network on any topic they need advice including product, strategy, technology, go-to-market, and fundraising.
Content Worth Sharing
StageOne launched a new blog! We look forward to sharing our knowledge with our readers so they can understand the ins and outs of startup funding through our favorite industry articles, videos, best practices, and inspiration.
Our Greetings for 2020
A big thanks to everyone we’ve worked with in 2019, we wish you a New Year full of success and we look forward to seeing more of you in 2020! We remain grateful to our investors, as well as to the founders who believed in us and brought us along on their personal journeys.
The next time you run into passionate Israeli founders in the Deep-tech, B2B enterprise space looking for an experienced, founder-friendly partner to join them in becoming category leaders, we hope you’ll have us in mind.