Utilizing the voting features on ICONex
In the previous article, we taught you how to stake and vote using the official wallet of ICX called ICONEX. You can read the article here: https://medium.com/stakin/how-to-stake-vote-in-icon-icx-5926e8e8a54b
Today, we’re going to talk about how to use the other features in a quick and straightforward way.
Table of Contents
Accessing your other wallets
- Go to the voting tab and select “My Status.”
- Select your wallet:
(a) If you are using a hot wallet such as keystores or private keys, click “Select” and the drop-down menu will show up. Choose the wallet you want to claim your I-scores
(b) If you use a Ledger wallet, click “Connect to Ledger” and select the address you want to transact with.
- Scroll down, and you can see the I-score section. Just click the claim button, review the details, and select the claim button again. If you use a Ledger wallet, sign the transaction to proceed. Take note that 1,000 I-scores is equivalent to 1 ICX.
- Congratulations! Now you have claimed your I-scores 🥳 (Back to the top)
How to unstake
- On the “My Status” tab, click the “Vote” button. Take note that the “Available Voting Power” is 0 ICX; thus, there is nothing to unstake.
- Select the P-rep you want to remove ICX from, to be able to unstake the amount that you want. Move the slider to the left to adjust. Click the “Vote” button when done.
- After successfully removing the votes, the “Available Voting Power” in the vote section should show the numbers you want to unstake.
- Go to the stake section and click the “Adjust” button. Click the “-” button and review the details. Select “Complete” to unstake. Take note that the unstaking period changes from time to time. Read more here: unstaking period.
- Abracadabra! Now you have unstaked your ICX. It will take some time to relax and take a chill pill 🙂 (Back to the top)
- On the “My Status” tab, click the “Vote” button. You can see the P-reps you have voted at the “My Votes” list while for those P-reps you haven’t voted is seen below.
- To add and vote for a P-rep, click the “+” button and adjust the slider. Click the “Vote” button when satisfied.
- To remove a P-rep, adjust the slider completely to the left and click the “-” button. Click the “Vote” button when satisfied.
- To increase or decrease votes, select the P-rep that you want to adjust and move the slider button on your desired percentage. Click the “Vote” button when satisfied.
- Hooray! Now you’ve changed your votes 😎 (Back to the top)
That’s basically everything. Thanks to @khanh_dao for suggesting this article in our telegram channel.
Feel free to let us know if you have any suggestions or inquiries. Cheers 🍷
Get to know more about ICON
- Stakin P-Rep Proposal
- ICON Website
- ICON Tracker
- The Iconist (dedicated media about ICON and its ecosystem)
- ICON Official Telegram Channel
- ICON Non-Official European Community Telegram
- Stakin Medium on ICON
DISCLAIMER: This is not financial advice. Staking and cryptocurrencies investment involves a high degree of risk and there is always the possibility of loss, including the loss of all staked digital assets. Additionally, delegators are at risk of slashing in case of security or liveness faults on some PoS protocols. We advise you to DYOR before choosing a validator.