- MetaMask extension installed on the browser
- At least one wallet created or imported
Connecting MetaMask to Polygon
Switch the connected blockchain by clicking on the tab saying Main Ethereum Network, we need to add Polygon.
Scroll down until you find Add Network.
Enter in the Polygon settings as follows:
- Network name: Polygon Mainnet
- RPC URL: https://polygon-rpc.com
- Chain ID: 137
- Currency: MATIC
- Explorer: https://polygonscan.com/
You have now connected to the Polygon Mainnet with your Metamask Wallet!
Transactions on the Polygon network requires MATIC which will be used as gas fee.
Buy MATIC on Binance and get discounts on trading fees.
Subscribe to our newsletter so that you don’t miss our latest updates! Join as a Medium member and get unlimited access to Medium for just $5 monthly.
Bridging tokens to Polygon
- Bridge tokens from Ethereum mainnet to Polygon using Zapper Bridge or Matic Bridge
- Bridge stablecoins from BSC to Polygon using xPollinate
- Bridge BTC, DOGE and FIL to Polygon using RenBridge
- Guide to Polygon withdrawals with OKEx