Star Atlas Presents Golden Era Start Sequence — Our Path Towards Tomorrow
The weeks ahead mark a historic moment when players can do much to prepare themselves for the game with a Game Manual while contributing to the development of Star Atlas — and even impact the fate of the galaxy
Dear Star Atlas Community, Friends and Fans,
The team developing Star Atlas presents you with a new plan, Our Path Towards Tomorrow — a critical initiative that takes strategy to the next level and secures sound footing for you in a quickly developing field of play while offering a path for you to support the very foundation of our universe. This is the primary purpose of all Star Atlas initiatives at present.
Along with this plan, we are also keeping everyone up to date on the state of external funding initiatives and inviting the community to an upcoming DAO Community Consultation.
We are also releasing the first part of the Game Manual for the upcoming in-browser game module, Star Atlas Golden Era, focused on the game’s economic aspects.
Table of contents
I. Golden Era: Start Sequence
- 1. Titan Ship Sales* — A mint of three titan ships, The Pearce T1, Busan — The Last Stand mk. VIII, and the Fimbul ECOS Superphoenix, under a limited-time decreasing discount program, which will also award unique commemorative skins to buyers.
- 2. Special Ship Sales* — A unique selection of ships that will be sold under a limited-time decreasing discount program, which will also award unique commemorative skins to buyers. Current holders of those assets, as of the time of this release, will receive another ship as an airdrop.
- 3. Claim Stake Sales* — All the necessary assets (claim stakes, mining drills, power plants, and others) for the mining operations of SAGE after the main net launch.
- 4. Central Space Station Land and Habitations Sale* — The sale of claims to a portion of residential areas plots inside the Central Space Stations. Players who acquire these lands will be entitled to a variety of benefits listed later in this article.
See the details in the Start Sequence Asset Catalog [PDF].
*All sales will be carried out exclusively in USDC.
II. External Funding Initiatives
ATMTA is currently focusing on three main targets:
- Solana Foundation Grant
- Expansion and interoperability with several other blockchains, both Layer 1 and Layer 2, and their ecosystems
- High-level discussions with numerous venture capital firms, as well as crypto and gaming funds.
III. A Consultation with the Community
The Role of the Star Atlas DAO — A kick-off on the discussion of how the Star Atlas DAO could play a more active role in stabilizing the galactic economy.
The timelines and details on all seven of these initiatives can be found in the following pages.
IV. Star Atlas Golden Era Game Manual
Finally, we have a big surprise for our explorers. Today also marks the release of the first section of the Golden Era (SAGE) Game Manual, offering a detailed look into the upcoming game.
Once more, we would like to thank our community for its outstanding support during this time as we continue with our heads down in work, building the shared dream of Star Atlas.
Background to the Golden Era: Start Sequence
The Council of Peace is summoning every Faction, DAC, organization, and captain to the most consequential event in the history of the galaxy after the signing of the Treaty of Peace.
As underlying tension and outright conflict continue to spread across the medium-risk zone, the leaders of the core factions — MUD, ONI, and Ustur — reached an agreement to move on an aggressive plan to stabilize the entire civilized galaxy.
The plan starts with auctioning the tools of deep space exploration at heavily reduced one-time promotional rates, agreed on by the COP in an effort to rally the Star Atlas community at large.
Most notably, this special auction will include the Council’s Titan Class ships, the deadliest predators in the galaxy. Additionally, a limited arsenal of other special ships that have been resting in hidden Council harbors since the Convergence War are also being offered with reduced pricing.
This multi-week auction will be followed by a sale of a portion of the planetary claim stakes under the control of the Council of Peace, as well as that of land and personal habs on the Central Space Stations, a place that can be home to all species of the galaxy . This will allow buyers a privileged position in setting their habitations in one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in the universe.
As a contagion of dark emotions threatens the very existence of order across the cosmos, the people of the stars are called to stand by the Council and ignite the Golden Era of space exploration.
Golden Era: Start Sequence Part I — The Flight of The Titans
As part of the multi-pronged strategy of securing short-term liquidity for the development of the Star Atlas project, ATMTA has released part of its sales plan focused on a special class of assets known simply as the titans.
The name “titan” inspires awe and respect across the galaxy. These massive monsters in the form of metal and destruction can obliterate entire fleets, and even worlds, by themselves. They will surely impose order wherever they decide to tread in this enormous cosmos.
Only 3 titan ships — the Pearce T1 (MUD), the Busan-The Last Stand mk. VIII (ONI), and the Fimbul ECOS Superphoenix (ECOS) — will be available as part of the current offer. These three are not faction locked so any faction can buy any or all of the three.
In the future, the total number of minted titan ships will expand to 18, divided as follows:
- A total mint of 3 titans for each of the 3 major factions, totaling 9 ships.
- 3 additional minor factions aligned titan models, each one of them with a total mint of 3 units, totaling another 9 units.
The current base price of titan ships is settled at $5,000,000 (five million USDC). We will also offer the following four week discount plan:
- Week 1: Each titan will be offered at a discount of 80% off its current base price, meaning it can be acquired for $1,000,000 (one million USDC).
- Week 2: Each titan will be offered at a discount of 70% off its current base price, meaning it can be acquired for $1,500,000 (one million and five hundred thousand USDC).
- Week 3: Each titan will be offered at a discount of 60% off its current base price, meaning it can be acquired for $2,000,000 (two million USDC).
- Week 4: Each titan will be offered at a discount of 50% off its current base price, meaning it can be acquired for $2,500,000 (two million and five hundred thousand USDC).
It’s important to note that each titan ship will earn ATLAS within SCORE at the VWAP of the total amount of $5,000,000 (five million USDC).
Also, each one of the acquired titans will entitle the buyer to a unique commemorative ship skin, representing participation in this historic event.
The tentative launch date for this initiative is the week of November 21, 2022.
Golden Era: Start Sequence Part II — The Harbors of The Convergence War
Another part of Our Path Towards Tomorrow is directed towards a select group of ships with the total supply sold under the mark of 1.5%. This fleet is branded in the lore of the galaxy as the remains of the apprehended arsenal used by the factions during the period of the Convergence War.
List of available ships in this group:
- Pearce D9
- Ogrika Sunpaa
- Busan Maiden Heart
- Fimbul Mamba
- Pearce R6
- Fimbul BYOS Tankship
Some ships within this group will be selected for a special acquisition program, consisting of discounts and airdrops of custom skins for those who acquire the ships during the sales event.
The auction will begin at or around the same time as the titan ship sale and follow a similar discount structure, as described below:
- Week 1: Each ship will have a discount of 80% off its current base price (VWAP), plus a custom skin of that ship airdrop.
- Week 2: Each ship will have a discount of 70% off its current base price (VWAP), plus a custom skin of that ship airdrop.
- Week 3: Each ship will have a discount of 60% off its current base price (VWAP), plus a custom skin of that ship airdrop.
- Week 4: Each ship will have a discount of 50% off its current base price (VWAP), plus a custom skin of that ship airdrop.
To do justice to the members of our community who have acquired these ships at their original price, we will be airdropping one bonus ship of the same kind per ship purchased based on a snapshot taken at the time of this publication (don’t worry if it’s locked in SCORE or resting in your wallet).
The target date for the beginning of this initiative is the week of November 21, 2022.
Golden Era: Start Sequence Part III — The Claim Stakes and The Colonization of the Galaxy
The third part of Our Path Towards Tomorrow consists of another advancement in the Star Atlas Start Sequence plan: the sale of the tools necessary for the exploration and colonization of our metaverse known as claim stakes.
Claim stakes are physical assets that must be transported to a planet in order to lay claim to a plot. Claiming a planetary plot grants the owner access to extracting available local resources.
These pieces of intergalactic infrastructure will have their utility as early as the release of SAGE on Solana mainnet. Claim stakes, together with mining drills and powerplants, will be a necessary structural component to extract resources from planets and create interesting economic gameplay loops, such as:
- Harberger Tax to prevent space squatting and maintain ownership of land plots
- The ability to link space stations to land claims to streamline resource extraction logistics
- The ability to place, upkeep, and protect all mining structures (mining drills and power plants) to keep resource extraction operational
Claim stakes will be sold in 5 different tiers:
- Tier 1 Claim Stake (Common)
- Tier 2 Claim Stake (Uncommon)
- Tier 3 Claim Stake (Rare)
- Tier 4 Claim Stake (Epic)
- Tier 5 Claim Stake (Legendary)
We will also make it possible to acquire mining drills, power plants, and space stations during this release. All details regarding prices, supply, and time frame of these sales will be available in mid-December.
Golden Era: Start Sequence Part IV — Central Space Station land claims
If there is one thing that all races and factions can agree on, it’s that there is something about the feeling you get when setting foot on your own piece of property for the first time. This is especially true if your ownership rights are immutable and guaranteed, thanks to the blockchain.
That’s why many explorers will be excited to hear of our first-ever offering of land claims. These properties will allow you to build habitations with cargo storage capacity in the station, together with a buff on your resource crafting abilities, starting at the inception of SAGE. It will also allow, in the future, for the customization of your habitation, including command terminals, pet houses, landing pads and much more! So it will be up to you to create the perfect house to impress your family and friends or to one day host the best parties there.
Plots will be released in tranches (groupings) with a special offer of additional discounts on up to 10% of the total land that will eventually become available. These discounts expire at the end of each wave.
The discount schedule will be as follows:
- Wave 1: 2.5% of total land @ 15% off
- Wave 2: 2.5% of total land @ 10% off
- Wave 3: 2.5% of total land @ 5% off
- Wave 4: 2.5% of total land @ 0% off
There will be 6 tiers of cosmetic land claims. These will be labeled T0, T1 and so on up to T5, based on the size of parcel. All plots in this release will come with a building/structure/hab, though future land will be sold unimproved and habs will need to be purchased separately.
Players will be purchasing the claim to a type of plot but not a specific piece of property. That selection process will come later when the properties have been completed.
Land purchased during these initial waves will be whitelisted and receive priority in selecting a specific plot (location) on the CSS when lot selection opens. Plot selection will require an auction process when plots open, though competition for lot selection will be lower since a limited quantity of land is being sold today.
Anyone familiar with the ancient MUD adage about the three most important things to consider when purchasing real estate (“location, location, location!”) will be well aware of the value of choosing before others when selecting a site. This could be especially true depending on the nature of activities, businesses and hobbies you take up later in game.
Land purchased today will also be whitelisted for future commercial plot sales. In addition, owners of land claims will also receive a ship based on the size of the plot. Each of these ships will likely come from unreleased inventory of unreleased models. These ships will be available in a future release, but exclusive until those go to market.
Proposed ship models include:
- Tier 0 — n/a
- Tier 1 — XXS — Calico Scud
- Tier 2 — XXS — Calico Scud & Calico Maxhog
- Tier 3 — XS — Ogrika Niruch, Calico Scud, & Calico Maxhog
- Tier 4 — S — Opal Rayfam, Ogrika Niruch, Calico Scud, & Calico Maxhog
- Tier 5 — M — Fimbul Mamba EX, Opal Rayfam, Ogrika Niruch, Calico Scud, & Calico Maxhog
In addition, claim owners receive the following:
- Land purchased will also receive a commemorative badge representing participation in this historic event
- Land/Hab owners get cargo increases at their CSS
- Land/Hab owners get crafting rate increases for R4 at their CSS
In other words, there is something for everyone, whether they are interested in strategic in-game advantages or pure aesthetics and fun.
Read the Golden Era Start Sequence asset catalog here.
Stay tuned for more details and happy home hunting!
Community Update: External Funding
ATMTA is actively looking to raise funds from external sources.
Despite a bear market and challenging macro conditions, it should be clear to any MUD venture capital firm, investment fund or other potential capital partner that this is a truly unique moment. ATMTA is confident in the path forward for the entire Star Atlas ecosystem, which is characterized by immersive game elements, including ships, environments, and interior spaces, innovative software solutions (such as F-Kit), and, most importantly, a passionate and dedicated global community.
In full transparency with the Star Atlas community, here is a small sample of the many financing options the team is pursuing.
- The Solana Foundation awards grants — the Foundation has been especially supportive of Star Atlas in the past week, providing feedback on our pitch deck and getting us connected with appropriate contacts.
- The team has had ongoing discussions with numerous funds and firms that operate in and bring expertise to the web3 space.
While we can’t comment on the current state of talks or the likelihood of any of these options coming to fruition, know that ATMTA is aggressively pursuing every and all financing avenues.
Community Update: The Role of the Star Atlas DAO in The Current Scenario
The Star Atlas DAO is the ultimate representation of the Star Atlas community in our metaverse, holding sizable funding of its own as it receives a part of the fees of the galactic marketplace and sells resources for use in SCORE.
This topic in the current article serves to spark discussion inside the community as to whether and how the Star Atlas DAO uses its holds to engage the Star Atlas ecosystem, acquiring ships to participate in SCORE, or participating in the Star Atlas economy in some other manner.
Our intention here is to see the community’s interest in this topic. If it exists, should Star Atlas focus on providing the structure to enable the participation of the community in this regard?
The community team will circulate a Google Form to gauge the community sentiment on this topic, and we ask everyone to start discussions within one’s own guilds and DACs and provide Star Atlas with feedback in the #governance channel on the community Discord server.
The Dawn of the Golden Era — Introducing the SAGE Game Manual
Our WebGL deep strategy game SAGE is nearly ready for its first version, which we anticipate for public release in early Q1 2023.
Today, we share with our community one of its most important secrets. Enjoy yourself, explorer, because you now possess the first part of an extensive game manual, a tome on how the galactic economy of SAGE works.
We pride ourselves on having one of the most knowledgeable teams of economists in any crypto project. Now, they have pulled together the ultimate economic guide of SAGE, our most anxiously awaited project, showing that Star Atlas keeps its triple-A standard in every area of product development.
The document delves deep into multiple points of interest for the Star Atlas community. From the transition from SCORE to SAGE, resource crafting, mining, resource management, combat, leveling up, and much more information will pave the way for even future interactions that are not released.
Players will learn in detail about the foundation concepts of the Star Atlas economic activities, such as “Resource Hardness,” “Resource Richness,” and “Resource usefulness.” While also understanding how their earnings in ATLAS are calculated based on the Loyalty Points mechanism.
As already disclosed in this article, the Star Atlas Golden Era battle has already started, and the wise captain will use the little preparation window that we have left to learn all he can about the intriguing and strategic gameplay mechanics that are now unveiled to our community.
Should you want to explore strategies or discuss the many concepts and ideas brought in this new publication with the rest of the community and the Star Atlas team members, join us at the next Atlas Brew on November 23, 2022 in the Star Atlas Discord. Make sure you hit this alert to not miss it!
About Star Atlas
Star Atlas is a next-gen gaming metaverse emerging from the confluence of state-of-the-art blockchain, real-time graphics, multiplayer video games, and decentralized financial technologies.
Using Unreal Engine 5’s Nanite, real-time graphics technology allows for cinematic quality video game visuals. In addition, blockchain technology using the Solana protocol establishes a largely serverless and secured gameplay experience. Non-fungible tokens obtained and traded within Star Atlas create an economy that replicates tangible world assets and ownership. To learn more, visit StarAtlas.com, join a faction at Play.StarAtlas.com and send your spaceships on a deep space mission by enrolling them in a Faction Fleet.
Other points of interest
Govern.staratlas.com for active involvement in project governance.
Build.staratlas.com for ecosystem development resources.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
Twitter | Discord | YouTube | Instagram | Reddit | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitch | Tik Tok | Telegram
Media Contact: email@example.com