Newsletter #2 FriendlyData Exit (Batch #2), Batch #6 Demo Day, October/November Road Show!
Starta Accelerator is having their 6th demo-day on November 15th in New York, 10 Hudson Yards, SAP! Batch 6 is highly diversified! Companies that will give pitches at the event are founded by entrepreneurs from Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia and Russia. You’ll be able to meet startups who came from the other part of the world. It’s the start of their journey on American soil. Who knows, maybe you’ll meet a future superstar at a very early stage, like FriendlyData from Batch #2 that just got acquired by a public company!!
Details on the demo day event:
The first panel — The Future of the VC — will be an exploratory dive into the role of the VC in the security token era. Starta was the first accelerator to raise funds via an ICO, which occurred in 2017. This has allowed us to “democratize” venture capital providing venture investment access to non-professionals and getting more people engaged in supporting young entrepreneurs.
The second panel will focus on cross-border investing, specifically what factors, besides financial, one should consider when investing in emerging market ventures. We will discuss business globalization trends and how building a globally scalable model will be the most resilient path. The talk will also focus on how to deal with the cultural specifics of multiple markets without losing the big-picture approach to your business and keep your initial dream alive.
Reserve your complimentary seat at the event, it’s almost sold out.
What else is exciting?:
- Applications are open for Batch 7
- Latam Expansion Track applications open until Nov. 15th. One spot still left.Apply soon
Portfolio Companies’ Achievements
- Congrats to FriendlyData founders! Enterprise cloud service management company ServiceNow announced 10/10 that it will acquire FriendlyData and integrate the startup’s natural language search technology into apps on its Now platform. Founded in 2016, FriendlyData’s natural language query (NLQ) technology enables enterprise customers to build search tools that allow users to ask technical questions even if they don’t know the right jargon. Read more on TechCrunch
- Effa’s founder Daria Vasilenko writes about the CleanTech market (in Russian), read it on RB.ru
- TuSion did a great job at research Batch #6 brain dynamics! Read details on Medium
- Cindicator (Batch #2) is a finalist at BBVA awards in the category “Fintech for Future”
- Every Thursday in New York. Pitch contest at Sputnik Space (220 East 23rd Street, Suite 500) free access, opportunity to pitch with a Pitch Pass ticket
- Oct. 23rd. Webinar with Diego Berrio, Emerging Opportunities, join us onFacebook page
- Oct. 24th. Webinar with Scott Galea and Anastasia Lykova “Startup Insights. Global Expansion of your business and Sales Strategies in the US”, join us on Facebook page
- Oct. 24th-25th in Moscow. Say Future, Blockchain Forum
- Oct. 29th-Nov.1st in Novosibirsk. A:Start. Investor Day
- Nov. 1st-2nd. Malta Blockchain Summit, meet Katya Dorozhkina, Starta Ventures Managing Partner
- Nov. 5th-6th in Lisbon. WebSummit, meet Katya Dorozhkina, Starta Ventures Managing Partner
- Nov. 7th-10th in New York. Brooklyn Tech Week, meet Katya Dorozhkina, Starta Ventures Managing Partner
- Nov. 7th-8th in Saint Petersburg. 20.35 conference
- Nov. 12–18th in Minsk. Global Entrepreneurship Week in Belarus
- Nov. 14th-15t in Saint Petersburg. Fashion Tech Day at Ingria
- Nov. 15th. It’s Batch #6 Demo Day, baby
- Nov. 24th-26th in Kazan. Kazan Startup Week
- Nov. 20th in Moscow. Go Tech VC, meet Alexey Girin and Sergey Vasilev
- Nov. 30th-Dec. 1st in Riga. Digital Freedom Festival, meet Katya Dorozhkina, Starta Ventures Managing Partner
- Dec. 8th (TBD) in Minsk. Startup of the Year in Minsk.
New Blog Posts And Articles
- Latam Expansion Track Announcement by Starta Ventures and BrightSky Ventures
- First American Exit — Starta Ventures Portfolio Company Acquired By ServiceNow
- Listen to Diego Berrio, Starta’s Latam Expansion Track program partner, and Marcos Dinnerstein at “Better Mouse Trap” podcast
- Pitfalls On The Way to Conquering America, Katya Dorozhkina interview for DK.ru
See you soon!
In the three years since the accelerator’s establishment, Starta has successfully worked with over 70 companies. Starta’s program brings promising startups to the Big Apple, funds them, and ultimately seeks to continue its successful streak of attracting follow-on funding for its portfolio companies.
Anastasia Lykova, Head of Program at Starta Accelerator