8 Things to Remember About Our Elevator Pitch Builder
We launched our first tool, the Elevator Pitch Builder, in the 4th week of April. Within one week, we received more than 50 pitches from entrepreneurs in different parts of the world. The pitches are from companies that are currently at the idea stage to companies that have received angel or grant funding. These companies belong to sectors such as medical devices, e-commerce, food delivery, gaming and many more. We thank them all for being the early adopters of our tool. A well-crafted pitch is an essential part of your entrepreneurial journey. You should proudly share this pitch with people who want to know about your business. They could be your potential customers, investors or any other stakeholders.
As we continue inviting more entrepreneurs to use this tool, we have some things to share about our elevator pitch builder.
1) It has the most important elements of any pitch — Product, Traction, Market and Team
2) The tool restricts you to 140 characters (70 characters for the high concept pitch), so you choose words that will create the highest impact
3) We wanted to avoid putting words into your mouth, so we gave you the elements which you can easily put together to make it conversational when you speak to somebody about your business. You have everything now at the back of a napkin or in your pocket to get the conversation going
4) If you want to share by email or online, you can only send the 4 elements — Product, Traction, Market and Team, so that the readability is better and the reader gets a gist of what you are doing
5) If you are in conversation with somebody, you can use some templates to explain your pitch. Everybody’s conversation style is different, so we let you choose some of the templates given below.
6) Please do not replace word to word with the templates below, you will only end up creating a bad impression
7) We are also working on sharing your pitch with the investors. We all need that early connection with an investor.
8) Finally, remember you have captured the key elements of your business Share it with confidence!
Our <Product > caters to a <Market>. We have successfully <Traction> with our awesome <Team>
There is a huge unmet <Market>, so we created a <Product> that meets the need. We have made significant progress <Traction> with the help of a <Team>
We have a strong <Team> that has developed a <Product> to solve the needs of <Market>. We have made so much <Traction>
We already have <Traction> with our <Product>. We plan to tap this <market> with the <Team>