Health + Equity + Tech at the HIMSS22 Conference
Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society Conference
This article is part of an extended series summarizing discussions at recent healthcare conferences about improving health equity through technology. You can read our conference overview and find links to all articles here.
This year, StartingUpGood is focusing on small organizations (emphasis on women and people of color led) who are implementing fresh, entrepreneurial approaches to designing and implementing technology tools to improve everyone’s health, regardless of income.
We advocate for user-friendly technology and scalable investments in community-driven health solutions.
Learn more about StartingUpGood’s Health + Equity + Tech Project.
About HIMSS 2022
HIMSS (Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society) is “a global advisor, thought leader and member-based society committed to reforming the global health ecosystem through the power of information and technology.”
HIMSS held its annual conference in Orlando in March 2022. Complimentary to the in-person event is HIMMS22 Digital, which provides over 30 hours of on-demand content featuring more than 100 speakers.
Virtual ticket holders (payment required) have digital access to recorded conference content. We hope conference organizers will make this valuable content available to the broader community for free soon. In the meantime, here are some overviews from our favorite conversations.
- Foundations for Innovation — Panelists discuss the rapid changes in health technology over the last several years and what it means to service providers and recipients.
- How Can Transformation Lift Patients, Populations and Outcomes? — COVID changed the way people accessed health care. This panel outlines the new opportunities and potential challenges of this monumental shift.
- Visionary Keynote: The Future of Patient Experience & Innovative Experience Design in Healthcare — In this presentation Brian Solis discusses how the pandemic has changed patient expectations and what it means for the health industry.
- Dialogue Hub: Advancing Digital Health Outcomes in Community Care Organizations — Technological advancements look different at the hospital versus community level. This panel discussion highlights what that means across various regions of the world.
- Health Equity Without Accountability — Is It Possible? — From community partnerships, to expanded medicine, using technology to improve health equity requires multi-faceted and intentional approaches.
- Re-humanizing the Care Experience — The COVID pandemic forced rapid changes to how healthcare was accessed. This panel discusses what needs to happen next to ensure patient care is optimized in the face of these changes.
You can read a summary of all our 2022 healthcare conference coverage here, or check out specific coverage of each conference:
Explore | Experiment | Improve