Re-watching Global Goals Week 2017
Our list of recorded livestreams and YouTube links to rewatch and revisit Global Goals Week.
Global Goals Week 2017 ended on Saturday, September 23rd, and earlier this week marked the 2nd anniversary of the United Nation’s adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals. As part of Global Goals week, we followed multiple events in New York city, ranging in focus from the private sector to data for the SDGs. Here, we gather links to the recordings of the events we followed.
- Sunday, September 17 — held since 2014, the Social Good Summit is organized by Mashable, the UN Foundation, and the UN Development Programme, and is held during Global Goals week. The event highlights the potential of new media and technology to make the world a better place.
- Livestream recorded from Mashable.
- Monday, September 18 — This side event to the UN General Assembly brought together member states, humanitarian organizations, and private sector representatives to discuss innovations for financing sustainable development.
- You can rewatch the recording of this event on UN Web TV.
Role of the United Nations; Financing the 2030 Agenda (18 September 2017)
This is the video portal of the United Nations Webcast that broadcasts daily, live and on demand video coverage over…
- Monday, September 18 — a collaboration with Business Fights Poverty, Barclays, and the Harvard Kennedy School Corporate Responsibility Initiative, this event brought together various UN and private sector organizations to ‘rethink collaboration for the SDGs’.
- Videos of the event were produced by Be Inspired Films, and can be accessed for free by registering with Business Fights Poverty.
Zahid Torres-Rahman: Watch the videos of Business Fights Poverty NYC 2017 - Rethinking…
By Zahid Torres-Rahman, Founder and CEO, Business Fights Poverty Last week, 150 people came together in New York, at an…
- Monday, September 18, and Tuesday, September 19 — bringing together leaders and influencers from various sectors, the seventh annual Concordia Summit continued the Global Goals Week focus of partnerships and collaboration to address the most pressing issues facing the world.
- Both days of the summit were streamed by Concordia on Youtube. Day 1 and Day 2 are available to rewatch.
- Monday, September 18, and Tuesday, September 19 — The ICSD is a partnership between the Global Association of Master’s in Development Practice programs and the Sustainable Development Solutions Network, and was hosted in New York City by The Earth Institute and the Columbia University Center for Sustainable Development.
- The first day of the summit was streamed on Youtube by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network.
- Monday, September 18, and Tuesday, September 19 — this event from the World Economic Forum focused on partnership and action for the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Paris Climate Agreement.
- World Economic Forum recorded a majority of the sessions.
Sustainable Development Impact Summit
Delivering on the ambitions of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Paris climate agreement will require…
- Monday, September 18 — UN Global Compact gathered statements and resources to catch up on this half day event dedicated to partnering government, CEOs, and civil society to discuss financing the 2030 Agenda.
- You can rewatch the livestream of the event from UN Global Compact.
Using Data and Technology to achieve the SDGs: Tackling Global Threats and Ensuring a Better Future for Us All
- Tuesday, September 19 — sdgcounting recapped the event, which consisted of two panels of UN and private sector representatives to discuss how innovations in technology and networks can be facilitated to monitor the Global Goals.
- The entire session is available to rewatch on UN Web TV.
Using Data and Technology to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals
Tackling global threats and ensuring a better future for us all. Hosted by the Governments of Kenya, Colombia, Ghana…
- Wednesday, September 20 —The first of what will become the annual Bloomberg Global Business Forum, the forum held public and private meetings of world leaders and international CEOs to solve global challenges.
- A collection of clips from the livestreamed Forum are available on Bloomberg’s Youtube channel. A selection of recorded sessions are also available on Bloomberg News.
Videos | Bloomberg Global Business Forum
The World Is Depending on Us: LeBron James Introduces the Bloomberg Global Business Forum
- Wednesday, September 20 — focused on uniting a generation of innovative thinkers and givers, the Goalkeepers event shared technological and social innovations and commitments to achieve the SDGs.
- The first two sessions of the event and shorter videos are available on the Gates Foundation Youtube page- Session 1 and Session 2.
Accelerators | The Global Goals
‘Accelerators’ are a key part of Goalkeepers. They bring together partners from different sectors around common agendas…
- Thursday, September 21 — this event from UN Women featured announcements and commitments from private sector partners to achieve Goal 5- Gender Equality.
- UN Women livestreamed the event to their Facebook page, and the recording is available in their videos.
- Thursday, September 21 — this event from the UN Global Compact brought together CEOs and social entrepreneurs to share insight and celebrate achievements to create a more sustainable future.
- Both morning and afternoon sessions are available to rewatch from the Global Compact.
- Thursday, September 21 — a partnership between the Skoll Foundation and the UN Foundation, this event convened leaders in technology, social impact, and the private sector to explore bold models of systematic change that can be scaled to a global level.
- The Skoll Foundation has added all recorded sessions to its Facebook page.
The Skoll Foundation
The Skoll Foundation, Palo Alto, CA. 31K likes. Our vision is to live in a sustainable world of peace and prosperity.
- Thursday, September 21 — sponsored by the International Peace Institute along with Concordia and the SDG Fund, this panel focused on the private sector and the challenges and opportunities of achieving Goal 16- Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions.
- The International Peace Institute streamed the panel on their Facebook page.