The Startmate Melbourne 2017 cohort has now graduated.
Meet the twelve teams making up the Startmate 2017 Melbourne cohort!
Deliciou makes exciting all-purpose seasonings that are easy to use and empower people to have fun creating tasty meals.
- Seasonings are a $41B global market, and Deliciou is a direct-to-consumer, digital-first disrupter that customers love ($1M+ in sales).
EverProof is an identity management platform where individuals digitise their identity documents and employers aggregate those documents to seamlessly monitor compliance.
- EverProof has acquired over 100,000 users and 1,000 organisations in less than 12 months. With clients in healthcare, education, local government and sports and recreation, EverProof addresses the fragmentation of storing licenses and accreditations in hard copy and eliminates the institutional risk of non-compliance.
Flixsense AI provides instant match footage analysis to bring key events and insights to the world’s best coaches and teams.
- Sports analytics is a $4.7B global industry growing 40% YoY, yet coaches still spend 100 hours/week manually tagging sporting matches. Flixsense automates this process.
Frontier Microscopy supercharge laboratory efficiency with intuitive software products to automate microscope analyses.
- Humans still do the vast majority of microscope analysis, which is time-intensive, expensive and inaccurate. Frontier lets scientists do more science, and let’s robots do the manual labor of microscopic sample analysis.
LEDA is an addictive learning platform to help train good managers to become great leaders.
- Management training courses cost a lot, and no-one remembers what they learn. LEDA is an addictive game that trains managers in the skills of leadership.
Nightingale is creating a world in which contemporary urban housing is built to support wellbeing, community and liveability.
- Housing is broken. Nightingale is a method and marketplace for placing home buyers and their needs at the centre of housing development to create environmentally, socially and financially sustainable homes.
Nucleotrace is developing product-integrated supply chain monitoring technology to prevent drug counterfeiting.
- Pharma is a $1T industry with a $100B problem: counterfeiting. Nucleotrace makes counterfeiting impossible by embedding drugs with (harmless) synthetic DNA encoded with product information.
OurSay is automating the flow of public opinion directly into the hands of decision makers.
- Local government is required by law to engage their constituents. But no-one cares. OurSay is a digital toolkit to help local government massively engage with the community.
SmartrMail automates personal email marketing for ecommerce.
- E-commerce emails are ineffective, and the tools for creating them aren’t useful. Smartmail helps e-commerce stores generate 28% more revenue from every email campaign.
Syntropy is building a personalised AI assistant that YOU train to automate your tasks and amplify your output.
- Everything we do on computers is possible thanks to a tiny fraction of the population that know how to program them. Syntropy is giving everyone the power to solve their own problems by automating processes without having to write a line of code.
The Big Crunch is a real-time data publishing and collaboration platform.
- Numbers on the internet are dead. They’re static, hard to find, expensive to update, and don’t let users interact with them in any way. As YouTube is to video, The Big Crunch is to data.
Nick Drewe is a ‘unicorn’ — a full-stack developer and designer who is looking for a co-founder.
- This is a very rare occurrence.
- This is the first time Startmate has ever been run in Melbourne.
- This is the largest cohort in Startmate’s history, and a 2x increase from the most recent cohort.
- 5 of the teams are post-revenue with average ARR of $750,000.
- The cohort includes 5 solo founders and Startmate’s first-ever social enterprise: Nightingale Housing.
- Startmate ran in Melbourne for the first time thanks to a generous grant from LaunchVic.
- The twelve teams in this current cohort were selected from nearly 200 applications.