The Power Of Blogging
Blogging can at times be a tedious task. It can be a real bear when ideas for topics don’t come easily.
Yet even with the clear obstacles, there is a power to blogging, which no other Social Media platform can’t provide.
- You own and control your content.
- You own the discussion.
- You control the conversion funnel.
- You control the look and feel.
- The Search Engines give you the ranking not the 3rd party platform.
These are just some of the powers of blogging.
When you blog, you create a brand for yourself. You show people who you are and what you’re about.
On the Web, people often forget that Social Media platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and even blogging platforms like Medium.com are not controlled by the users, instead the control lies with the platform. They are rented properties.
Granted the aforementioned sites have great built in audiences, but they are still rented, not owned or controlled by the end-users. The value rests and ends with the network.
There are some solutions that increase the power of blogging. They include using 3rd party sites and their built in audience.
- Blog on your site.
- Repost on Medium, LinkedIn and/or Facebook Notes.
- Always provide a link at the top back to the original source (your blog).
- Have a call to action at the bottom of all cross-posted pieces, so that people can find value in connecting with you further and even going back to your site.
What does the power of blogging mean to you? How do you use your blog to benefit you? Post your thoughts in the comments below.
Like the content that you’re reading? Sign-up for my newsletter and get more great content delivered right to your Inbox.