Startup Grind’s 2020 Gift Guide
Give the gift that keeps on giving this holiday season. This year we focused on featuring small businesses and promoting sustainability on our annual gift guide.
1. Show your loved ones you really care and gift them the gift that keeps on giving. Unleash their inner green thumb when they unwrap their very own personal herb garden. Elevate any meal with your favorite herbs. Fresh herbs and vegetables are enjoyable year-round with the Smart Garden 3. *chef’s kiss* Grab one from Click and Grow for $70
2. Where there’s an occasion, there’s the perfect box! MyDailyMantra offers organic skincare, soy candles, and personalized gift boxes. Their curated boxes will bring a smile to anyone’s face. Holiday gift boxes range from $24 -$40
3. We can all make choices that make positive impacts towards climate change. How we eat can improve our world, and with Figure Ate foods it does. Their Naturally Fermented Persimmon Vinegar is a perfect holiday gift and all proceeds return to White Buffalo Land Trust, a non-profit dedicated to regenerative agriculture. Use it as a unique Turkey Brine, or toss it into a cocktail this holiday season. Bring home a bottle for $18.
4. Not only will they love this gift, but you’ll also be supporting small businesses that are community-focused, ethically made, environmentally conscious, and impact-driven. Causebox curates 6–8 items from small businesses from around the globe that anyone will love. Make a change during this holiday season with Causebox and get $10 off your first box.
5. A book for every ambitious girl in your life. Stop by your local bookstore and grab a copy of “Ambitious Girl” by the Founder & CEO of Phenomenal, and New York Times Bestselling author, Meena Harris.
“When a young girl sees a strong woman on TV labeled as “too assertive “ and “too ambitious,” it sends her on a journey of discovery through past, present, and future about the challenges faced by women and girls and the ways in which they can reframe, redefine, and reclaim words meant to knock them down. Anyone who’s ever been underestimated or overshadowed will find inspiration in this empowering new picture book.”
6. Start your mornings with a cup of Joe filled with a cup of love. Go to your loved one’s favorite local coffee shop/roaster and ask for your loved one's favorite blend. Gift comfort in a cup while supporting your local businesses.
7. Everyone gets thirsty during the holidays, pick up local libations from businesses like Hella Cocktail or these 13 Black-Owned Drinks Businesses to your wishlist. From wine to bourbon, tea to kombucha, and everything in between, you can find the perfect gift here! Take home a delicious drink this season from these amazing Black-owned businesses.
8. The best designs don’t require the most materials. Get the design you want this holiday season that’s quality and sustainable. Cuyana’s laptop sleeve made with a neoprene padded lining and chic snap button closure for easy, everyday use. Select a color and the size for $95.
9. We’ve got you covered — literally! Rethink how you store your leftovers. altCookingClub is here to rescue your holiday leftovers without the waste. Reduce food waste and plastic waste with this 6 piece set, that will cover almost every size bowl. altCookingClub’s Reusable Silicone Stretch Lids are reusable, stretchy, and clingy (in all the best ways). Grab your set for $6.
10. Shop in style while saving the Earth. Simple Ecology’s Farmer’s Market Shopper Gift and Starter Set is the ultimate gift for the green thumb in your life. The Farmer’s Market Starter Set is a completely eco-friendly reusable starter set for zero waste farmer’s market or grocery shopping. With 6 bags, it’s the perfect addition to anyone’s reusable bag collection. Head over to Simple Ecology’s shop and get your starter kit for $25.
11. Keep your face and the Earth clean at the same time! The Green Co. offers eco-friendly, reusable alternatives to traditionally plastic products. Including one of our favorites, their Reusable Makeup Remover Pads. Each day, 1.3 billion makeup remover wipes are thrown into the trash. Swap those one time use landfilling makeup wipes for these eco-friendly 14 reusable cotton rounds this holiday season! Add these to your cart for $14.