6 Actions That Will Help You Create a Sustainable Volunteering Program
The are a number of actions you can take that will help you create a volunteering program that can scale as your company grows.
Let’s jump right in.
- Set a cadence. Whether it’s once a month or once a quarter, having a set cadence for your volunteer days is key to a sustainable volunteering program. It holds you accountable and creates habit.
- Partner with local nonprofits. Partnering with nonprofits ensures you always have a place to volunteer and accurate details such as: how large of a group a nonprofit can handle and what volunteer activities they have available.
- Ask. Find out what aligns with your employees hearts. Some people are extremely passionate about education. While others have a soft spot for the environment. Taking this action will allow you to cater towards what your employees are most passionate about.
- Make it social. There’s nothing better than making a difference and having the opportunity to build team camaraderie. When planing volunteering activities, know how your team will work together.
- Plan ahead. Nothing worse than having to scramble last minute. Just like a blogger would create an editorial calendar, create a volunteer calendar that outlines when you plan on volunteering and with who.
- Measure. Keep a running tally of how many employees signed up to volunteer, how many of them showed up, and which day/time combination work best. This data is useful to have on hand when building out your volunteering program.
There you have it. Six simple, yet effective actions you can put into practice right away.