Name.com is the title sponsor for Boulder Startup Week, a free, five-day event that celebrates entrepreneurs and startups in our community. Kicking off on Monday (after all this rain/snow subsides) there will be 120+ events throughout the week, in amazing spaces all over Boulder. Thanks to name.com for making #BSW15 possible, and supporting startup community in Boulder.
Name.com is your one stop shop for finding an awesome domain name. Although they do build websites, their main focus is to help you find the right name for your unique business. There are a lot more names than just .com, so name.com is bringing you original domains like .ninja, .social, etc. In order to ensure that everyone can find what they’re looking for, Name.com will be releasing over 1,300 new domain names. Name.com understands the importance of having a domain name that is as unique as you and your business.
We got a chance to speak with Alex Kehr, Senior Social Media Strategist to learn more about Name.com. Alex first found out about Boulder Startup Week through a connection he made with Andrew Hyde in a bike shop. Since first being introduced to startup week, Alex and name.com started to give back to the community by helping technical startups grow and find a domain name that fits their venture.
You’ll be able to find name.com at almost every event, but here are their featured events where you can be 100% sure to spot a Namer:
- Startup Job Fair (Tuesday, May 12 @ 2PM) Learn more and sign up here.
- Tweet for Tacos (Wednesday, May 13th @ 2PM): On this glorious day Boulder day, we will be giving each of the first 150 people free tacos! All you have to do is stroll on into T/ACO and we will fill your belly with super yummy tacos. Learn more and sign up here.
- Hack the Dot Hackathon (Thursday, May 14th @ 6PM): We’re hosting a domain-driven hackathon at SendGrid. These are always a blast since they have a big focus on humor, so even if you’re not a developer you should come and hang out. Learn more and sign up here.
You can also be sure to find them at these events too:
- Boulder Open Coffee (Tuesday, May 12th @ 8AM): A gathering of technologists and startup geeks meeting at Boomtown to talk about the startup industry, news, and events. We’ll be providing the coffee and pastries this week. Learn more and sign up here.
- Sponsorship best practices (Friday, May 11th @ 11AM): Name.com’s Alex Kehr will be on a panel talking about event sponsorship, and best practices for finding an engaging with sponsors. Learn more and sign up here.
- QuickLeft Office Chair Race & Scavenger Hunt (Monday, May 11th @ 4PM): We’re assembling a team of our four quickest Namers to throw down at the 3rd annual QuickLeft office chair race. We’re going to be decorating one of our office chairs and wheeling our team leader all around Boulder. Learn more and sign up here.