IamNOTaCEO.com: ENTREPRENEURIAL EPIPHANIES & LESSONS LEARNED…
1. Like most entrepreneurs, I put “CEO” on my first business card. Also like most entrepreneurs, I once believed in The Tooth Fairy. In both cases, it took me years to realize my mistake… (full column)
2. “I’m Fired?!?” — In 2007, I made the (scary) decision to “fire myself” as CEO of my own startup. [#BestDecisionEVER] Six months later, we had raised $850,000 in funding; a year later, we were a profitable 7-figure company… (full column)
3. Strengths, Weaknesses, and #SelfAwareness — I’ve recognized that I’m great at A FEW things… I’ve recognized that I SUCK AT MANY THINGS… and I’ve realized just how incredible/extreme the differences are (progress levels, success levels, stress levels, etc.) between the years I’ve had a team (co-founders, employees, interns) with skills complementary to mine vs. the years I haven’t! (full column)
3B. Wait… Time-Out… Who ARE You Anyway?!?
Oh, right… Hi, my name is Jeff. I was born in a small town in… (sorry, kidding, I’ll skip to the relevant parts)…
My relatively unique experience/expertise is creating/evaluating viral concepts that reach/engage huge audiences (40+ viral ventures and counting; collective reach: 495+ Million) — [more at ViralWhatever.com]…
I’ve spent the last few years thinking about the many Problems & Pitfalls that lead to a ~99% failure rate for entrepreneurs/startups — [more at ThoughtsOnStartups.com]… and believe I have some Ideas & Initiatives for Improving that stat — [more at ReThinkingStartups.com]… and I plan to Practice what I Preach (our ReThinkingStartups.com strategies) via the launching of “18 Startups in 2018!” (wait, what?!) [more at 18startups.com]
All of the Following is (hopefully?) “COMING SOON!”
[Assuming I actually end up publishing any of this — and actually get more than 3 people (non-friends/non-relatives/non-employees) to actually read any of it!]
4. From a small JOKE to a Million-Dollar Startup — The Rejection Hotline / Humor Hotlines / RH Brands… #MyStartupStory
5. The Stomach-Punch Feeling of Losing 4.75 Million Dollars…
Some PERSONAL Epiphanies:
6) My INTP Epiphany
7) My A.D.D. Epiphany
8) My Battle with BURNOUT!
9a) My Entrepreneurial A.D.D. — Curse or Gift? …
— 9b) 80% Done… (then I get hyper-focused on a new challenge)
[80% Done? → 80% D → 80 D → I am 80D → Iam80D.com / IamADD.com]
— 9c) An Open Letter / Thank You Note to Mark Suster — which (ironically? coincidentally? fittingly? embarrassingly?) has sat on my laptop, 80% DONE, for ~2 years!
10. Speaking of my Entrepreneurial A.D.D. —
P.S. If you liked anything you read, feel free to share or, big favor to ask: PLEASE HELP OUT by clicking the HAND-CLAP ICON below (think of it as a “like” on Instagram, FB, Twitter — more claps really helps out writers on here!)