IamNOTaCEO.com: ENTREPRENEURIAL EPIPHANIES…
1. Like most entrepreneurs, I put “CEO” on my first business card. Also like most entrepreneurs, I once believed in The Tooth Fairy. In both cases, it took me years to realize my mistake… (full column)
2. “I’m Fired?!?” — In 2007, I made the (scary) decision to “fire myself” as CEO of my own startup. [#BestDecisionEVER] Six months later, we had raised $850,000 in funding; a year later, we were a profitable 7-figure company… (full column)
3. Strengths, Weaknesses, and #SelfAwareness — I’ve recognized that I’m great at A FEW things… I’ve recognized that I SUCK AT MANY THINGS… and I’ve realized just how extreme the differences are (progress levels, success levels, stress levels, etc.) between the years I’ve had a team (co-founders, employees, interns) with skills complementary to mine vs. the years I haven’t! (full column)
3B. Wait… Time-Out… Who ARE You Anyway?!?
Oh, right… Hi, my name is Jeff. I was born in a small town in… (sorry, kidding, I’ll skip to the relevant parts)…
My relatively unique experience/expertise is creating/evaluating viral concepts that reach/engage huge audiences (40+ viral ventures and counting; collective reach: 495+ Million)
[more at ViralWhatever.com]…
I’ve spent the last few years thinking about the many Problems & Pitfalls that lead to a ~99% failure rate for entrepreneurs/startups — [more at ThoughtsOnStartups.com]… and believe I have some Ideas & Initiatives for Improving that stat — [more at ReThinkingStartups.com]… and I plan to Practice what I Preach (our ReThinkingStartups.com strategies) via the launching of MANY “Starter Startups” — assuming I ever get around to actually recruiting anyone to join me!
4. From a small JOKE to a Million-Dollar Startup — The Rejection Hotline / Humor Hotlines / RH Brands… #MyStartupStory
5. The Stomach-Punch Feeling of Losing 4.75 Million Dollars…
Some PERSONAL Epiphanies:
6) My INTP Epiphany
7) My A.D.D. Epiphany
7b) Good Procrastination vs. Bad Procrastination
8) My Battle with BURNOUT!
9a) My Entrepreneurial A.D.D. — Curse or Gift? …
— 9b) 80% Done… (then I get hyper-focused on a new ideas/challenges)
[80% Done? → 80% D → 80 D → I am 80 D → Iam80D.com / IamADD.com]
— 9c) An Open Letter / Thank You Note to Mark Suster — which (ironically? coincidentally? fittingly? embarrassingly?) has sat on my laptop, 80% DONE, for ~2 years!
10. Speaking of my Entrepreneurial A.D.D. —