Multiple Eggs in Multiple Baskets?
Or do Startups & Entrepreneurs Need ONE Single Focus??
INTRODUCING: Our “3-WAY PHILOSOPHY!”
Maybe that came out wrong. We’ll explain…
**Multiple Eggs + **Multiple Baskets = Multiple Benefits!
- **It is (1) our ADVICE for entrepreneurs — particularly Young and/or First-Time Entrepreneurs! — in regard to how they spend their TIME.
- **It is (2) our SUGGESTION for actual Startup Companies — particularly prior to Product-Market-Fit! — in regard to the NUMBER of PRODUCTS/SERVICES to which they devote their focus, effort, and resources — and, really, the way in which they try pretty much anything/everything (because A-B-C Testing is NOT Just for Marketing Campaigns!)…
- **It is  the KEY PREMISE for a series of Resource-Sharing, Multi-Purpose (Learning-While-Launching, Talent-Evaluation-while-Team-Building, Products-AS-Content-AS-Marketing) “COLLABORATIVE COMPETITION” PROGRAMS… (for which we are actively seeking Participants — as well as Experienced Entrepreneurs and/or Program Coordinators who share some of our Philosophies and want to help us actually run it all!)
…as we launch 365+ “Products” (or “STARTER STARTUPS”) via “Multiple Eggs in Multiple Baskets” (Demonstrating MANY of our “ReThinkingStartups.com Philosophies & Methodologies” and A-B Testing EVERYTHING — different revenue models? target markets? branding strategies? price points? marketing channels? etc. — via: #CollaborativeCompetition & #LearningWhileLaunching
WAIT, DID YOU SAY 365+ PRODUCTS?!?
(Yep, we sure did!)
MULTIPLE Products that are…
(one Shopify account? one MailChimp account? one FB/Insta ad account? one of MOST licenses, subscriptions, and other expenses that would normally require multiple) …
(by multiple individuals or teams)…
…increased chances for WINNERS!
…while dramatically decreasing PER PRODUCT COSTS!
Just think about how much #LearningCurvesSuck(!)
The first time you do ANYTHING takes the most time and costs the most money, but the second, fourth, tenth time?? Much faster, much cheaper and when you take the total costs (time and money) and divide it by the total number of [Multiple Eggs / Multiple Baskets], your “PER PRODUCT” costs are a tiny fraction of what they were if you had stopped after that ONE (money-sucking/time-sucking) FIRST PRODUCT — like most people are generally taught to do!
DUDE! Why Would You Give Away All Your Ideas on Here?!?!
Oh, that’s cute, that you think I’m almost done :)
Extra stuff below that i wrote a while ago and need to edit and figure out where to put it… read if you want, but I can’t promise it’ll make sense….
Smart investors don’t invest in only one company; they invest in many companies — to diversify their portfolio, to mitigate risk, and to increase the odds of having MULTIPLE winners! So, why is it so uncommon (and/or frowned upon?) for that same line of thinking to apply to startups — both the actual startup company and the individual entrepreneur?
- Smart investors diversify their portfolios — of investment DOLLARS.
- Smart ENTREPRENEURS can diversify THEIR portfolios — of investment HOURS!
“Multiple Baskets” FOR STARTUPS / COMPANIES:
Whether it’s proactively anticipating a future pivot and starting it now, or an entirely different concept altogether, when else can you start a startup and benefit from so many shared resources and economies of scale? — avoiding all the traditional time-consuming parts of starting a startup — finding office space, interviewing/hiring, all the learning curves, etc. — you already did all that! Amortize that Shit! (over Multiple Eggs / Multiple Baskets!)
[More Thoughts on “Startups Within Startups”]