LEARN About Startups… While LAUNCHING Startups!
*** NOTE: SITE WILL BE UPDATED SOON WITH DATES & DETAILS FOR 2019 ***
SESSIONS (and Tentative Dates)
We run part-time sessions year-round, and full-time sessions in conjunction with students’ academic break schedules — Summer Break, Winter Break, even abbreviated/intensive 1-WEEK SPRING BREAK SESSIONS if there is interest!
- LEARNING WHILE LAUNCHING
/ EARNING WHILE LEARNING
- MANAGE, MARKET, MONETIZE
With guidance/mentorship from experienced startup founders, you will actually start/run REAL ventures (“Starter Startups”)
• PICK, PROMOTE, PROFIT
Individually and/or in Teams, Select which “Starter Startups” you will work on (via draft format) and actually share in REAL PROFITS from the projects in your startup portfolio!
• #CollaborativeCompetitions and #CompetitiveCollaborations
Collaborate with other program participants, but also compete against each other for additional profits and prizes (based on criteria such as: product sales, ad revenue, web traffic, social media engagement, etc.).
• Experience, Education, and Mentoring
• *Share of Profits* from YOUR designated projects — percentages determined by performance relative to peers
[Individual Incentive to COMPETE]
• *Share of Profits* from ALL TEAMS’ PROJECTS — percentages determined by combined performance & ALL teams hitting collective performance goals
[Group Incentive to COLLABORATE]
• *Winners of various contests and challenges receive additional perks and prizes*
• At the conclusion of the program, all participants are given the opportunity to negotiate for ongoing participation — product profit-sharing and/or ownership/equity if venture is spun off into separate LLC — for any venture you feel you can provide ongoing value! OUR HOPE IS TO FIND SOME LONG-TERM PARTNERS AND CO-FOUNDERS!
* Note: “Profits” are defined as revenue minus expenses, accrual-based accounting, for duration of program, AND for 30 days after program concludes.
SUGGESTED (optional) BACKGROUND READING
- Read the following to familiarize yourself with the goals of the program, our background, philosophies, etc.
ThoughtsOnStartups.com (Thoughts & Theories)
ReThinkingStartups.com (Improvement Initiatives)
Part-Time “Pursuit of Proof” Premises & Programs:
StarterStartups.com / MultipleBasketStartups.com / theSWANstartup.com
- - Jeff’s Bio & Background
IamNOTaCEO.com (Entrepreneurial Epiphanies)
ViralWhatever.com (Experience & Expertise)
#MyStartupStory — RH Brands Background
- www.StartupWhatever.com — (if you somehow got through all of the above and still want to read more!)
A few benefits of “STARTER STARTUPS” specifically for FIRST-TIME Founders:
- Learn while doing; an easy way to gain startup experience
- Make mistakes before they really matter
- Find out if you actually like startup life
- See how well you work with potential co-founders, employees, etc.
- Great for “Proof of Concept” or MVPs (or even a “pre-mvp”)
- You can always attempt to take it bigger later — expanding to larger markets, adding new products/services, pivoting to a bigger idea and/or consciously moving from “low risk / low reward” to “higher risk / higher reward”
- All of the above without quitting your day job (or while you’re still a student), without risking a lot of money (yours or investors’), without wasting a lot of time, etc.
Obviously the part-time “Starter Startup” thing is not going to work for all startups (or all entrepreneurs!), but there are MANY startup business concepts that can be launched/tested quickly and inexpensively…
NOTE: ViralWhatever.com has more “Starter Startups” concepts than we’ll likely ever get to on our own, so please get in touch if you’re interested in working on (or running/owning!) one of ours!
Send an email, telling us about yourself, your interest, your experience, you availability, etc. [Spoiler Alert: If you send a generic letter that gives no indication that you’ve read anything about us, there’s a 96.3% chance you won’t hear back from us.]
(We also have MANY other opportunities to get involved with out stuff — as an intern, or even as a partner or co-founder!)