LEARN About Startups… While LAUNCHING Startups!
SESSIONS (and Tentative Dates)
We run sessions year-round, generally in conjunction with students’ academic break schedules — Summer Break, Winter Break, (even abbreviated/intensive 1-WEEK SPRING BREAK SESSIONS if there is interest!), as well as during the school year on a case by case basis.
• With guidance/mentorship from experienced startup founders, you will actually start/run multiple REAL ventures (“Starter Startups”)
• Select which “Starter Startups” to work on (via draft format) and actually share in REAL PROFITS from the projects in your startup portfolio.
• Collaborate with other program participants, but also compete against each other for additional profits (based on criteria such as: product sales, ad revenue, web traffic, social media engagement, etc.).
• Experience, Education, and Mentoring
• Minimum of *25% of profits* from YOUR designated projects (as high as 50% on Pick-a-Product programs)
• *Share of 25% of profits* from ALL TEAMS’ PROJECTS
• *Winners of various contests and challenges receive additional perks and profit-sharing*
• All participants are given the opportunity to negotiate for ongoing participation — and ownership/equity! — after the program ends, for any venture you feel you can provide ongoing value. OUR HOPE IS TO FIND LONG-TERM PARTNERS AND CO-FOUNDERS!
* Note: “Profits” are defined as revenue minus expenses, accrual-based accounting, for duration of program, AND for 30 days after program concludes.
SUGGESTED BACKGROUND READING
A few benefits of “STARTER STARTUPS” specifically for FIRST-TIME Founders:
- Learn while doing; an easy way to gain startup experience
- Make mistakes before they really matter
- Find out if you actually like startup life
- See how well you work with potential co-founders, employees, etc.
- Great for “Proof of Concept” or MVPs (or even a “pre-mvp”)
- You can always attempt to take it bigger later — expanding to larger markets, adding new products/services, pivoting to a bigger idea and/or consciously moving from “low risk / low reward” to “higher risk / higher reward”
- All of the above without quitting your day job (or while you’re still a student), without risking a lot of money (yours or investors’), without wasting a lot of time, etc.
Obviously the part-time “Starter Startup” thing is not going to work for all startups (or all entrepreneurs!), but there are MANY startup business concepts that can be launched/tested quickly and inexpensively…
NOTE: ViralWhatever.com has more “Starter Startups” concepts than we’ll likely ever get to on our own, so please get in touch if you’re interested in working on (or running/owning!) one of ours!
Send an email, telling us about yourself, your interest, your experience, you availability, etc. [Spoiler Alert: If you send a generic letter that gives no indication that you’ve read anything about us, there’s a 96.3% chance you won’t hear back from us.]
(We also have MANY other opportunities to get involved with out stuff — as an intern, or even as a partner or co-founder!)