OVERVIEW & OBJECTIVES
- There are obviously MANY reasons WHY most startups will fail (ThoughtsOnStartups.com)
- We have many Thoughts/Theories (pertaining to Problems & Pitfalls) & Improvement Ideas/Initiatives (ReThinkingStartups.com)
- We hope to demonstrate much of it via many “Starter Startups” (products, services, viral content, social movements — intentionally blurring the lines between products, content, and marketing!)
- We are Pitching for (Part-Time) Partners for ALL of it! Please, join us!
TOPICS / TITLES / TEASERS (#AlliterationAddiction)
Entrepreneurial Epiphanies & Lessons Learned
- Like most entrepreneurs, I put “CEO” on my first business card. Also like most entrepreneurs, I once believed in The Tooth Fairy. In both cases, it took me years to realize my mistake… [full column]
- “I’m Fired?!?” — I made the (scary) decision to “fire myself” as CEO of my own startup… Six months later, we’d raised $850k in funding; a year later, we were a profitable 7-figure company...
#BestDecisionEVER … [full column]
- Strengths & Weaknesses #SelfAwareness — I’ve recognized I am truly great at a FEW things; also that I SUCK at MANY things… [full column]
Thoughts & Theories, Primarily Pertaining to Problems & Pitfalls
- Many Problems Stemming from Words & Definitions — What is a Startup?? What makes someone an Entrepreneur?? And, “Best Practices” — but for whom?? (full column)
- Successful Entrepreneurs are often characterized as “RISK-TAKERS” — But, wait… what about the ~99% of UN-successful Entrepreneurs? Weren’t they Risk-Takers too?! #CorrelationOrCausation Let’s push for “Risk Mitigation” rather than “Risk Glorification”… (full column)
- ~99% of Startups will Fail… But, WHY?? (Obviously there are MANY reasons). Despite that success/fail stat, ~100% of Entrepreneurs Believe They Will Be the ~1% to Succeed! #MindBogglingMath
Improvement Ideas & Initiatives (and their Premises & Philosophies)
- YOUR assumptions about YOUR startup are simply NOT OBJECTIVE (or valid) — because 100% of entrepreneurs feel that way about THEIR startup (even though ~99% of them will fail)
- UNLESS / UNTIL you achieve 1 or more of THE 5 (only?) “RELIABLE OBJECTIVE INDICATORS” [of better-than-average (~1%) success likelihood], we think it is unnecessary [and an unwise (statistically-stupid) decision] to go “All-In / Full-Time”… [full column]
- PART-TIME PURSUIT OF PROOF? (Proof of Concept? Proof of Assumptions? Proof of MVP Viability? Proof of Reliable Objective Indicators?) Introducing “STARTER STARTUPS!” [full column]
Practicing What We Preach…
- We plan to test all our Thoughts/Theories & Improvement Ideas via 18 “Starter Startups” & 100+ Side Hustles & 365+ pieces of WHATEVER (products, services, viral content, social movements — intentionally blurring the lines between products, content, and marketing). And we are actively Pitching for (Part-Time) Partners for ALL OF IT (programs, products, projects, etc.)
Contact us (info @ StartupWhatever.com) for more info or to discuss any of the above.