Propose a session for State of the Map Asia 2018 in Bengaluru, India!
Would you like to host a conversation at State of the Map Asia 2018? We’d love to hear from you! We hope to bring together mappers, researchers, policy makers, developers, business leaders, and open data advocates.
State of the Map Asia, 2018, Call for Proposals (CfP) is now open! We encourage everybody engaging with OpenStreetMap (OSM) platform to apply. Also, please do share our call with your communities to participate and help shape the conversation around the practices and the future of OSM with us.
State of the Map Asia focuses on the growing OSM communities in the region — both mappers and users of the data. We invite inclusive and diverse participation to broaden our understanding of the OSM community, and encourage a dialogue driven by the unique needs of users in the Asia region. If you have a great workshop idea, a story about working with OpenStreetMap in your local community, or a project that you want to share with the us, we would love to hear from you. The CfP accepts the following formats:
- Country presentations — give us an update about OpenStreetMap developments in your country from the last year.
- Lightning talks — short 5 minute presentation to inspire the audience.
- Talks — 15 minute full talk, enough time to dive into depth of a topic.
- Workshops — 75 minute hands-on learning time.
- Panels — Recommend a group of people to come together and talk about a topic for 60 minutes.
If your talk or workshop does not fall into any of the category, don’t worry! Just surprise us with the topic your talk is about.
The State of the Map Asia Program Committee