Here is a summary of new features and updates from the last few weeks:
⚙️ ERC20 Support at Client Level
- We continue to make progress on implementing ERC20 support at the client level, working closely with Connext to make this change
- Spiked the feature implementation in the client (CF node) (see PR here), which lead to the following:
- ERC20 support required changing a primitive data structure used by the CF Node to keep track of balances of funds in a channel (merged here)
- Iterated on designs that best support the use-case of working with arbitrary assets in the Interpreters paradigm (namely in-channel atomic swaps) (see PR here)
📱 Progress on Wallet UI
- Since we merged the cf-wallet.js library, we have been able to start work on designing & implementing a UI for our MetaMask integration
- The goal is to create a clear, easy UI that lets anyone use Metamask to interact with state channels
- This is critical in the near term to improve the developer environment
🧭 Protocol alignment
- Since the state channels community met in NYC in May, we have made continued progress to align all of our approaches to make them interoperable.
- We’ve made significant progress in the last few weeks, specifically on unifying the dispute process with Magmo.
- Stay tuned for more information about this initiative.