STATION Featuring with Mikkel Svane, CEO and co-Founder of Zendesk
Every company that wants to have a strong customer success strategy has heard of Zendesk: the San Francisco-based company originally from Denmark now helps 200,000+ customers handling all their customer support issues.
The story of Zendesk is fascinating. First, it’s a startup made in Europe (yeah!) that moved to San Francisco, grew up to a crazy successful IPO. Its progress is a great example for all cloud companies, and to entrepreneurs in general.
Mikkel Svane, CEO and co-founder of Zendesk, shared his story in a great book called Startup Land. When he stopped by STATION F to announce the launch of their first-ever startup accelerator here at STATION F (see Techcrunch’s article), we managed to get even more juicy details on the story behind Zendesk.
“Building a billion-dollar company is a bit like cycling the Tour de France. It’s a new mountain every day.” Mikkel Svane, Zendesk
In this video interview you will learn:
- How Zendesk’s co-founders landed Christoph Janz from Point Nine Capital as their first investor
- Mikkel’s views on the tech ecosystem in Europe and in the Valley
- What it takes to build a billion dollar company
- The best memories from Zendesk’s journey
- and of course, some other surprises
Want to see more of our STATION Featuring series? Watch Leila Janah, founder of Samasource.