Stellar Ecosystem Updates
The Stellar network just celebrated the 5th anniversary of its launch!
SDF’s CEO Denelle Dixon recently traveled to Washington, DC to meet with policymakers and discuss the future of blockchain regulations. Read more in her blog: Blockchain Policy: Getting it Right.
In an interview with Marco Montes Neri, co-founder of Saldo.mx, we learn about Saldo’s mission to improve the quality of payment transfers in Latin America and why they chose to build on the #Stellar network.
Bitbond and Satoshipay partnered to make Bitbond tokens available in the Solar Wallet.
IDEO CoLab launched a Startup Studio program to help budding blockchain entrepreneurs take their projects to the next level.
SDF New Hires
Elle Brazzil, Senior Recruiter
Elle is joining SDF as a recruiting partner to the hiring leaders. She is very passionate about building out Stellar’s organization and bringing more talent to our team. Elle is a Sacramento native, a basketball enthusiast, and you can catch her at the beach on the weekends. Her latest goal is to kitesurf. :)
Adolfo Builes, Senior Software Engineer
Adolfo is joining SDF after being a Senior Software Engineer at Envoy. Previously he launched an anchor for the Colombian Pesos and wrote “Building your own venmo with stellar”. He enjoys reading, cycling and working on side projects.
Katya Korepanova, Head of People and Culture
Katya is joining SDF after being a Global HR Manager at Leanplum. Throughout her childhood & adolescence, she attended a dance school and performed with her group around Russia. Another fun fact is that Katya was born on Valentine’s day, so it’s always a challenge to make a reservation :-).
Natalia Rocco, Office Admin
Natalia is joining SDF after recently graduating from the University of San Francisco. She studied English Literature and has worked on both creative and academic print publications through USF. Her sign is Aquarius.
Charles Shin, Product Designer
Charles is joining SDF after being a product designer at Warby Parker. Previously was an intern at Uber and Weebly. He loves watching sports/film, eating tacos, and aspires to own a corgi one day.
Stellar Developer Updates
- Horizon 0.19.0 released: https://github.com/stellar/go/releases/tag/horizon-v0.19.0
- We successfully reset the Stellar test network on Wednesday, July 31 at 0900 UTC.
- Java SDK v0.9.0 released: https://github.com/stellar/java-stellar-sdk/releases/tag/0.9.0
- Go SDK v1.3.0 released: https://github.com/stellar/go/releases/tag/horizonclient-v1.3.0
- Bridge Server v0.0.32 released: https://github.com/stellar/go/releases/tag/bridge-v0.0.32
- Compliance Server v0.0.32 released: https://github.com/stellar/go/releases/tag/compliance-v0.0.32
- The federation client package in the Go monorepo now uses the new Go SDK.
- The keystore dev released: https://github.com/stellar/go/tree/master/services/keystore/cmd/keystored. For further API spec and authentication mechanism, please refer to https://github.com/stellar/go/blob/master/services/keystore/spec.md
- Kelp v1.7.1 released: https://github.com/stellar/kelp/releases/tag/v1.7.1. View the CHANGELOG for more information on this release: https://github.com/stellar/kelp/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
- New grafana dashboard for stellar-core admins released: https://grafana.com/grafana/dashboards/10603. Documentation explaining how to set up accompanying Prometheus alerts: https://github.com/stellar/packages/blob/master/docs/monitoring.md#create-alerting-rules
- Stellar Core v.11.3.0 released: https://github.com/stellar/stellar-core/releases/tag/v11.3.0
- Stellar Ticker v.1.1.0 released: https://github.com/stellar/go/releases/tag/ticker-v1.1.0
Stellar Community Articles & Updates
Stellar Community Fund: Round 1 Winners
The Final Round of voting for the inaugural Stellar Community Fund has come to a close.
How Changes are Made to the Stellar Network
I often see new community members assume that the Stellar Development Foundation is the source of every change to the…
Stellar Dev Digest: Issue #8
Stellar turns 5, a new version of Horizon, and the core team chugs along…
Explore Stellar Addresses and the Stellar DEX using Python
Recently I’ve been playing around with the Python Stellar SDK and thought I’d share some code snippets for any new…
Stellar Torch Home
What do torch bearers do? Every holder will publicly ask someone to receive the torch, using the #Stellartorch. After…
Kelp: Why We Built It — The Liquidity Problem
Solving the most fundamental problem faced by exchanges
Project Releases & Updates
- IDEO CoLab and CoinList are hosting a hackathon starting on August 5, with participation from Stellar, Ethereum, NEAR, Oasis, and Tezos.
- Join members of the SDF partnerships team today, Tuesday, August 6 for a free online workshop for Stellar Developers. The webinar will cover various aspects of the Stellar protocol and applications. Register now to grab a spot!
- Stellar Meridian tickets are now live! Make sure you’re signed up on the waitlist to ensure you’re the first to know when tickets launch.
- Boris Reznikov and Tomer Weller of SDF will be speaking at the Blockchain Bridge conference being held in San Francisco this September 18th and 19th.
- This past month, SDF attended a Stellar Meetup in Zurich to celebrate the launch of the first-ever validator node in Switzerland!
- Here’s a full transcript of Lisa Nestor’s Crypto Valley Conference talk.
- In case you missed it at ZCon, Oleg Andreev and Cathie Yun delivered a talk on ZkVM. Check out the video, including a Q&A at the end.
- Another successful Blue Orion Meetup took place in Munich.
- A Stellar Meetup in London produced thoughtful and productive conversations about the blockchain ecosystem.
- Coinsquare’s first-ever joint event with SDF took place in Toronto this month and included discussion of StellarX and its stablecoin plan…
- SDF attended a Stellar meetup in Mexico City, where there were presentations from leadership at Saldo, Coinbtr, Fido, and GoMama.
- Our development and partnerships teams recently spoke at a blockchain event in SF alongside MouseBelt.
DISCLAIMER: Stellar.org does not endorse any third party organizations that are named in this and/or any other communication(s). Please conduct due diligence and interact with these organizations at your discretion.
Safety Policy: The Stellar team will NEVER ask you for your private keys. We will NEVER ask you to deposit funds to any wallet address. Read our Security Guide for more information.