We are extremely pumped to announce the next phase of Steppen’s evolution as a platform and company. Steppen will now be putting our creators first with our mission to bring the creator economy to the health and fitness industry.
So what does this mean exactly?
High level: At Steppen we are building the #1 Fitness Creator-Fan Community App. We are doing this by connecting health and fitness creators with a global community of fans.
We provide every day fitness creators — particularly PTs, micro-influencers and coaches with the tools to showcase their brand, build community and monetise their fans. Plus we are solve the biggest problem for creators — building community — by providing the audience and acquiring their fans for them (we have proven pretty good at getting users to download Steppen 😏)! We connect these fans with the perfect creator and content to achieve their fitness goals.
Welcome to the Patreon for fitness… but with a built in audience.
Let’s discuss why we have made the decision to double down on our creators and dive into what this means for us as a platform… 👀
How Did This Creator Focus Come About?
We all have the best intentions when it comes to fitness (I mean who does not want their dream body, to feel healthier and more confident?). However often people struggle to achieve their fitness goals because a little thing called motivation gets in the way…
Luckily personal trainers, coaches and more recently micro fitness influencers exist who hold us accountable, motivate and inspire. But this begs the question if coaches help solve the motivation problem which often plagues fitness why don’t we all already have a coach?
Well there are a couple of big barriers preventing creators to connecting with fans:
- It’s hard to find the right creator for you (everyone’s fitness goals are unique)
- Traditionally coaches have been a localised thing (the internet has changed this but in our opinion not fast enough…)
- There is no great way for:
a) Coaches to be connected with the most relevant fans (hard and time consuming for PTs to find clients, this is the biggest problem fitness creators face)
b) Coaches to showcase themselves (PTs are not taught how to create great content or market themselves)
c) Fans to be connected with the most relevant coach (the local gym may have the right person but it’s unlikely — social media has a bunch of creators but the user experience completing workouts and tracking them is horrible).
- Coaches can also be very expensive (personally I don’t have a coach as I cannot afford one on my start up salary// lack of one I cannot justify spending $60 a session with a personal trainer) — so the price point needs to work for clients (people have different price points…)
Ultimately these things are the key pain points // failures of existing solutions.
Enter Steppen. We are solving these problems for creators & by extension users.
What This Means for Steppen
At Steppen we are building the #1 Fitness Creator-Fan Community. We do this by connecting fitness creators with a global community of fans. We provide the tools to help fitness creators build, showcase and monetise their online community. Meanwhile we connect fans with the perfect coach to help them achieve their fitness goals. We take away the hardest part for fitness professionals and bring the audience to them.
Specifically let’s walk through the pain points we mentioned above and how we solve them:
- We offer fitness creators a great way to showcase themselves. For creators your Steppen profile is like your fitness LinkedIn. Your profile displays your coaching style and how you train your community, your social proof (client testimonials, ratings) and qualifications. We know content creation is time consuming that’s why our platform is built to make creating awesome workout content super fast.
- We connect creators with fans — we help creators build community. It’s hard and time consuming to find clients. This is the #1 problem that creators face but no one is helping them with it. Most creator tools like Patreon, or in the fitness space — like Trainerise & Playbook, only help creators if they have a following. Most fitness creators don’t — they are the PTs in your local gym or the influencer just getting started. For these everyday fitness creators (who make up a large part of the creator economy) — existing tools don’t address their biggest problem, build community. At Steppen we supply the community. We have already proven ourselves extremely effective at getting people to download Steppen (200k+ downloads in about 9 months 🚀). These are users looking for guidance and a coach. We will be funnelling these users to the most relevant creator for them — providing our creators with an inbuilt community. Creator’s simply need to do what they do best — coach.
- We connect fans to the best creator for them in a way that works for them. Our users are using TikTok & Instagram to complete workouts. Please try completing a timed ab workout on TikTok, flicking between TikTok, Spotify and your phone timer is no fun… We Gen Zers want fitness content — we want to achieve our fitness goals — TikTok & Instagram are failing at this (fair enough they are not fitness apps). Everyone is different we have super specific fitness goals, ways we like to workout and communicate. At Steppen we will offer access to hundreds of different creators ensuring we have the right one for you on a platform actually built for you to achieve your fitness goals.
- We offer awesome coaching without the price tag while providing creators a reoccurring way to monetise their content. $60 per a training session is a bit pricey for lots of people (I’m one of those people). At the same time — PTs can quickly hit an income ceiling — there is only so many hours in a day. Steppen offers users a try before you buy option for creators — we will always have a bulk of our content which is free and accessible for all. As users build a relationship with a specific curate creator they convert to paying fans — they can pay a monthly subscription for ongoing online coaching, exclusive content or make a one off purchase of a workout program. So we allow our creators a clear way to convert their community into paying fans while offers users a price point that works for them. This is a scale game — more creators and more users — price users pay is not $60 a session but now a creator can scale to 1000+ users rather then 40 a week (overall more $$ for them).
Next 9 Months For Us
Over the next 9 months we are looking forward to building
- Amazing content creation processes (in the works) 🏗️
- Easy cross platform sharing (in the works) 💌
- A strong funnel to connect fans with the most relevant fitness content creator ❤️
- Tools for fitness creators to engage their community 🚀
- Tools for content creators to monetise their community 🤑
& Beyond? 🚀
Well, simply Steppen will provide every health and fitness creator & business with the tools to build their community and monetise it. We are particularly focused on small micro-influencers just getting started, PTs and coaches. Meanwhile for fans we will be empowering them to live healthier lives powered by an awesome curated coach and content designed to be consumed for fitness.
We are super excited to be building with our content creators. We love calling them, walking through our product roadmap and understanding the problems they are facing so we can help solve them. If you are a personal trainer, fitness influencer or coach reach out to us! We’d love to chat.
Until next time!