The inaugural Stile Hackathon
The team behind Stile are a dedicated, hard-working and passionate group. We pack a serious punch and achieve an amazing amount of work for how small the team is.
But sometimes, it’s important to break out of the day-to-day and get creative.
In October, we had Stile’s inaugural Hackathon. Everyone was encouraged to form teams and build something that they REALLY wanted to see come to life. There are so many amazing ideas floating around this place, but (as I suspect is the case in a lot of businesses) the urgent takes priority over the important.
So we set aside 24 hours to prototype some of our more outlandish ideas — and have fun doing it.
The exercise resulted in nine new projects and two products that are getting added to our production roadmap!
So what did we learn from Stile’s first Hackathon?
- We have a really talented and creative collection of people working here
- We won’t run out of amazing ideas for how to improve Stile any time soon
- It’s great to get exposed to more of what others in the company do and learn new skills from each other
- We have an awesome time working together and create amazing things in 24 hours
- Bay City Burritos are gigantic (I fell asleep on the couch after dinner)
My team’s Hackathon project was a video of the Hackathon (how meta), shot and edited in 24 hours: