New Stitcher Alexa Skill: Now Available
Want hands-free listening to over 100,000 podcasts on Stitcher while you’re cooking, cleaning, starting or ending your day? Give the new Amazon Echo Stitcher Skill a try. We’re big fans of Alexa, and as voice-activated browsing is quickly becoming more and more popular, we’re excited to launch our first integration.
To get set up, simply head over to the Amazon Alexa app and search for “Stitcher” in the Skills section. [Note that you’ll see two skills: our new one and our older Flash Briefing skill.] Select the “Stitcher” skill and then “Enable”. You’ll then need to log in to your Stitcher account (if you don’t have one simply sign up on our website or in one of our mobile apps — it’s free!).
Once you’ve linked your account, just ask Alexa to play your favorite podcast on Stitcher. You can also ask Alexa to play your Stitcher playlists, Front Page and more.
Try these commands to get started:
- “Alexa, Ask Stitcher to play The Bill Simmons Podcast”
- “Alexa, Ask Stitcher to play the latest episode of This American Life”
- “Alexa, Ask Stitcher to play my Favorites playlist”
- “Alexa, Ask Stitcher to play Front Page”
- “Alexa, Ask Stitcher what are my playlists?”
- “Alexa, Ask Stitcher to play Listen Later”
More helpful commands:
- “Alexa, Ask Stitcher what is the name of this episode?”
- “Alexa, Ask Stitcher what is the name of this show?”
- “Alexa, Ask Stitcher to rewind 30 seconds”
- “Alexa, Ask Stitcher to fast forward 1 minute”
- “Alexa, Ask Stitcher to play episode number 1 of Radiolab”
- “Alexa, Ask Stitcher to play the first episode of Reply All”
- “Alexa, Ask Stitcher to play season 2 of Besser versus Audience” (Premium)
- “Alexa, Ask Stitcher binge listen to S-Town”
Stitcher also supports the following standard Alexa commands:
- Pause, Play, Resume, Next, Previous, Start Over, Help
- Example: “Alexa, pause”
Stitcher on Alexa is supported for Stitcher Free and Stitcher Premium users.
To hear premium content, you must be a Stitcher Premium subscriber. Learn more or sign up here: https://www.stitcher.com/premium.
Have questions? Check out our FAQs: https://www.stitcher.com/faqs
Still need help or have a suggestion about how we can make our Alexa skill work better for you? Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org