The STACK card has flipped! The first vertical card in Canada not only features a sleek and clean design in all black but also signifies disruption. The user’s information and card numbers are now displayed in the back, adding security. In an interview with Newswire, CEO Miro Pavletic states, “Our mobile-first culture sees the world in portrait mode, and that doesn’t stop at banking, most of our transactions are now vertical — from the ATM to POS — and although horizontal had a purpose, it no longer makes sense. Design builds on human experience and function; that’s why STACK’s vertical cards are built for today.”
This week we are also celebrating STACK’s partnership with Samsung. Samsung Pay is now available for STACK members, for more convenience and contactless payment.
We’ve been busy planning and preparing STACK’s first hackathon over the past few months, and it’s finally happening this weekend! The participating developers will be building a blockchain project over the course of 24 hours, with mini events with prizes and workshops from sponsors.
Crypto Android V2 Development
- Implemented token return functionality for both STK and DAI tokens.
- Implemented Transaction history for Crypto transactions.
- Updated transaction detail to include etherscan url
- Added more data/error logging
- Still working on docker network tls error between lnd node and bitcoin node, lnd seems to be resolving hostnames in x509 certs to addresses immediately which is causing the bitcoin node to respond with a handshake error.
- Samsung Pay Partnership: STACK and Samsung have partnered up! Samsung Pay enables STACK users to enjoy simple and convenient contactless payment option. To celebrate, we are giving away a Galaxy S9 phone through an Instagram giveaway on STACK’s page. Already a STACK member? Upload your STACK card and enter the giveaway.
- FitBit Pay: Another level of convenience for STACK members. Whether you’re coming back from a run and buying a bottle of water or simply want to bypass taking out your wallet to pay for your purchases in-store, FitBit Pay allows your payment experience to be seamless.
- Stackathon: Stackathon is happening this weekend at the STACK office in Distillery District! BYTOM and LinkCoin will be hosting workshops this weekend. We’d like to thank our sponsors BYTOM, Yes Bit, George Brown College, Foodora and Crypto Canucks for helping us get it together.
- Women in Fintech Series Introduction: This past week we released the first instalment of our monthly ‘Women in Fintech’ series featuring Ada Lovelace, Anita Borg and Grace Hopper. In this series we want to celebrate each woman’s story and journey in the industry. We hope to inspire our readers by highlighting their accomplishments and opening up the conversation about the challenges that they’ve faced.
- Crypto Camp: STK will be attending Crypto Camp, held at Deloitte on November 29. Crypto Camp is Toronto’s first blockchain unconference, designed for the community by the community. The unconference will feature workshops and 50 speakers on panels discussing enterprise adoption, regulations, design/UX, interoperability, scaling, governance, and more. Our Lead Developer, Thomas Lui will be one of the presenters at the event, demoing STK’s Crypto Beta at the event!
- Next AMA: Join the conversation for this month’s AMA, which will be on Reddit Live on Thursday November 29, 4pm EST.
That’s it for now, we’ll see you in two weeks with more to report! As always, join the conversation anytime on Telegram, Twitter, Discord and Reddit. If you’re interested in partnering with STACK or STK, get in touch with us. To download the app, visit the STACK website.