Interesting facts about Sydney
Undoubtedly Sydney is one of the best cities in the world (we think so because we've all travelled the world but somehow end up coming back to this amazing harbour side city).
Here are a few things you should know:
- The locals call the harbour bridge “The Coat Hanger” due to its well … coat hanger shape
- English, Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin, Greek and Vietnamese are the main languages spoken in Sydney and don’t forget aussienglish “bloody oath maaate” — basically we’re a multilingual bunch
- We love our rubgy and cricket — soccer and AFL hasn’t really taken off here (well the Sydney Swans might argue about that)
- The Sydney ferries is the best way to enjoy our beautiful harbourside — around 14 million passengers swear by it every year
- We do have a relaxed attitude even when it comes to money — we don’t mind paying astronomical amounts to purchase property and it all started with the opera house! Original cost was to be $7 million but ended up costing us $102 million (why budget when you can turn a dream into reality)
- Hollywood loves Sydney as well — remember Finding Nemo and The Matrix? Watch them again and you’ll see what I mean (see if you can spot them)
- We host a kickarse fireworks show at NYE (New Years Eve) and Australia day and some other days I can’t remember which currently
- Just after NYE we hold the summer Sydney festival with the best free events — don’t miss out check it out when it’s time Sydney Festival
There you go, there was a bit of dump of interesting stuff that you might like from a locals point of view.
So if you’d like to study in this beautiful city, we can help you find that perfect course to study at the right college, university or school, simply go to our site www.stuzenter.com and if you want it Stu can even help you find that perfect course and give you tips on where to go in beautiful Sydney.
Hope to chat soon
Stu and the Stuzenter team
pssstt… email@example.com anytime
Article first published on our blog Studying in Sydney | Stuzenter Blog