Serves about 6
- 1 roasted chicken or 1 roasted cauliflower or 2 lbs roasted new potatoes
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 bunch of watercress or spinach leaves (optional)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup candied cashews
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium, finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 6 tbsp no sugar apricot jam (St Dalfours is great)
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 3/4 cup avocado mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup (6 fl oz) vegetarian low sodium ‘no chicken’ broth
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken, cauliflower, or potatoes into chunks and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil, add the onion and cook for about three minutes, until softened. Add in the curry powder and cook another minute to open up the flavor. Mix in the tomato paste, lemon juice, and stock and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes until reduced. Leave to cool.
- Stir in the jam and mayonnaise and toss with the salad ingredients. Leave to infuse for at least an hour before serving. If desired garnish with cashews and cilantro.