Newsletter: Swarm Product ahead of schedule, and other updates!
Hello, friends of Swarm!
It’s been quite a week for the Swarm team. We proudly launched our Alpha v0.7 a month ahead of schedule. We onboarded a new PR firm to help spread awareness, and we’re loading up for a marketing and PR push starting this week and rolling through April and beyond.
New Product Updates & Features
On Wednesday, February 28th, v0.7 of the Swarm Asset Management Network rolled out one month ahead of schedule.
Features & Updates include:
- SWM Wallet support: you are now able to withdraw and deposit SWM tokens
- SWM Airdrop flow: Qualified participants, including accredited US investors will now be able to claim their airdropped tokens
- Updated token mechanics: While this will not affect our two inaugural investment opportunities, going forward each IO (Investment Opportunity) added to the platform can be funded with multiple token types (e.g. SWM, BTC, ETH) — an essential upgrade to our infrastructure ensuring scalability both in volume and versatility.
- Starred IO feature: Mark your favorite investment opportunities with a star, enabling you to view your top picks in a central location. With dozens of IOs in the pipeline you will need this feature before you know it!
- Discourse integration: Join the conversation at Swarm! Discourse is a fundamental pillar of community governance. You will now be able to discuss Swarm governance ballots and non-binding opinion survey votes at discuss.swarm.fund.
- Optimized coin price integration: Cryptocurrency prices are now updated in real-time based on input from multiple exchanges around the world.
- IO SUN deployment chart updated to fix scaling issues.
Stay tuned for more updates on the role Discourse will play in the future of the Swarm community.
Liquid Democracy Voting Module (LDVM)
To help new SWM Token holders get familiar with how voting and governance works on Swarm, we’ve released the first 2 of a series of non-binding votes, which function more like surveys. These are live on vote.swarm.fund.
For more details and instructions on how to participate, check out this detailed blog post from Max Kaye, CTO of our governance partner SecureVote.
Unlike typical elections, Swarm’s Liquid Democracy Voting Module uses a powerful voting system, allowing you to cast your opinion about every option (not just your most preferred one). Voting thus becomes far more powerful than a simple checkbox. This is called Range Voting.
In case you missed it in last week’s newsletter, check out this article on how SecureVote is revolutionizing e-voting:
Blockchain to Revolutionise E-Voting
SecureVote & Swarm Fund Partnership
Feb 12, 2018
Our Blog is now on Medium
We’ve fully migrated our blog to the Medium platform.
This change brings our past newsletters, blog posts and product updates all to one place.
We love Medium because of -
- Real-time feedback from our audience with Claps, Comments & Follows
- Broader reach to our social media fanbase
- We’re joining an engaged, like-minded community of blockchain & crypto enthusiasts
Join us and follow the Swarm Fund publication today!
Swarm in the News
What Gives a Token Value? Ushering in the ‘Use Case’ Era of Crypto
by Philipp Pieper, Co-Founder & CEO
International Business Times
March 1, 2018
[video] Post-2008: How Blockchain in Real Estate Can Prevent the Next Economic Meltdown
Video Panel with Chris Eberle, CMO
UCLA Cyber Days 2018
Feb 18, 2018
Happy March, everyone! See y’all next week.
Your friends at Swarm Fund
Own. Trade. Govern. Real world assets on the blockchain.
Welcome to the age of democratized investments.