How to create your perfect dating profile with Swell ❤
The Phenomenon of “Dating Apps” went mainstream about five years ago and has now became ultra-popular! Tinder, Bumble, Coffee meets Bagel, OkCupid - most of us have at least tried one of them while being single, in a relationship, or somewhere in between.
The dating apps might have differences at their usage but the matches you get always depend on one thing — your pictures! So the truth is, you can be the coolest guy in the world, but if your profile pic is telling the opposite then there’s no chance of you finding your soulmate at the app playground. If you’re interested in how you can get very fast and honest feedback on your pictures (for free!) continue reading.
So downloading the app is easy but the struggle often starts with creating an attractive profile, right?
“I took 99 Selfies and I can’t use one!”
Sound familiar? Loads of pictures on your phone but you can’t decide if there is even one good shot to upload on Facebook, Instagram or directly to your dating profile? The very best people are self-critical and most of them spend a lot of time thinking about what other people could think. Unfortunately, we don’t have the superpower to see ourselves through the eyes of another person. The only thing we could do is ask them for their opinion and stop overthinking.
What would you say if I told you that there are 300.000 people, ready to help you with your next match?
With the 🐳Swell App we created the simplest possible experience to get feedback and help others when being indecisive. You’ll have responses faster than in current solutions like messaging apps.
How does it work?
Pick two of your favorite pictures and…
- set the time - for a very fast decision it’s 5 minutes or give it some time and more users can help you within 3 or 24 hours
- decide if you want to share your Swell publicly or privately
- write your caption
- choose a category
🐳Swell makes decisions fast & fun!
The process from uploading your pictures until getting the first 5 votes takes less than two minutes.
“It’s the first picture that matters the most!”
The first winning picture became my favorite one!
This is what I did with the first results:
- I continued comparing it to other possibilities (because I was still unsure what to post)
- I started focusing on it by asking the Swell community what they think of an edited version of it! In this case I took the “Hudson” Instagram filter and asked for feedback again.
I loved the response, especially when I saw the same people voting through all my Swells, supporting me from the beginning.
Two positive side effects:
- By clicking on the pink or green bubbles with the percentage indication you’ve a list of all users who already voted. So I could check every user profile and see what kind of people just gave me feedback. And I could watch how they change their opinion from one picture to another or how they stick with one option till the end.
- There are a lot of Bloggers and YouTubers in Swell which count as personal Experts in the app. I was very lucky that Lavenda (@lavendascloset), one of the Fashion Bloggers, voted for my Swell and gave me her advice 😍 To be honest that was the moment where I made my decision even if the majority voted differently as you can see clearly in the last Swell below.
When your Swell has finished, you can inform your audience about your personal choice and write a short message where you tell them what you’ve chosen in the end.
One last tip: When you decide what photo you’re going to pick for your profile, sharpening and brightening it up a bit is always a good idea!
With great people comes great results!
Get the 🐳Swell app here: http://www.swl.wtf/app (for free!)
I’m passionate about decision making and always enjoy the swell feeling of growing in a supportive community.
If you’re going to download the app now please follow me (@babsimac)! I’d love helping you create your perfect dating profile or even vote for upcoming Swells like #whattowear to my next date? ;) Thanks for reading, if you have any questions or just want to share your first experiences with me, mail me email@example.com
Wish you the best and #swelldating! xx Babsi