So Paul Ryan is retiring. That’s pretty exciting! From the perspective of the hundreds of thousands of activists working to take back the House, that means:
- Open seats are a big deal, because we have a better chance of flipping that seat when the Republican incumbent isn’t running again. Particularly this one, where Paul Ryan ran about 15 percentage points better in the 2016 election than you’d expect an average Republican to do. Essentially, this one was a reach before Ryan retired, only gettable in a big wave. Now, it’s a prime target.
- Paul Ryan sees the writing on the wall. He knows that Democrats have a good chance of taking back the House, and he doesn’t want to be the Minority Leader of a GOP conference increasingly dominated by extremist nutjobs. Can you blame him?
- This thing we’re doing? Organizing hundreds of thousands of volunteers to work for and donate to the Democratic campaigns in their closest Swing District? It’s working!
If you haven’t already, find your closest Swing District, sign up, and get to work! (We need all hands on deck to flip the House in November.) If you’re already involved, share this post to get your friends to do the same!
Oh, and since this is the internet and we used a clickbait-y headline to get you here, we owe you our Top 5 Picks for Paul Ryan’s Next Job. Without further ado:
5. P90X instructor
4. Better yet, parkour specialist — he’s so good at jumping from platform to platform
3. Star of the new hit TV show “Herman Munster Grows Up”
2. Beard model
1. Captain of the Titanic (he’s got experience!)
You’re welcome! :)