7 Subtle Psychological Negotiation Tactics You Can Use To (Literally) Bend People’s Reality

And what to do if people use them against you.

Jano le Roux
The Startup

--

Illustration Jano le Roux

Have you ever met a person who nearly always gets their way?

  • Not because they’re manipulative.
  • Not because they call the manager.
  • Not because they scream the loudest.

Chances are they have mastered a few of these tactics.

This is the classy way to get your way.

Shut your trap and listen

Let them do 70% of the talking.

People have a soft spot for their own voice.

It’s like their personal theme song, always on play.

Now, imagine someone who just can’t stop talking. We all know that person, the one who unloads a verbal waterfall, leaving everyone drenched in words. It’s more of a monologue than a conversation, and let’s be honest, they’re not winning any popularity contests.

Here’s where the 70/30 rule comes into play.

You listen 70% of the time and talk the remaining 30%. This isn’t just about being polite; it’s a strategic move. Research backs it up, showing that this ratio is the sweet spot for…

--

--

Jano le Roux
The Startup

I craft zero-bs marketing that doesn't feel like marketing. Award-winning brand expert ready to lead your brand's growth. Connect: jano@likeflare.com Join me ⤵️