Chatbots are the next wave in marketing and interactive tech. Just about everyone is on a chat app. Looking at my phone, I’ve got something like 6 installed.
- chalk — Allows you to colorize your terminal output. Also great for logging!
- clui — Handy utility to draw command line graphs and tables.
- inquirer — Helps build interactive Q/A prompts for user input.
There are plenty of others. The node ecosystem provides a powerful set of tools for command line utilities and a great package manager. It’s so nice to be able to say ‘npm install -g my-command-util’ and be done with it.
This is from Babylon.js, for writing gorgeous 3D interactive games. Check the link to watch the demo.
- BrainJS for building Neural Nets
- Compromise for natural language processing
- WebDNN for running neural nets in the browser using graphics cards.
Robots and IoT
Here are two good frameworks for your world-conquest pleasure:
- Johnny-Five— Named after the friendly robot from Short Circuit. Has an official hardware kit and plugins for every major DIY electronics kit. Hard to go wrong, because if you do your creation will kill a grasshopper and get sad.
- Cylon JS— Named after the evil robots from Battlestar Galactica. A robotics kit that thinks world domination is lame and that galactic domination is way cooler.
Brenn is an entrepreneur and digital nomad who loves good coffee, metal music, and takes a freedom-over-everything approach to life. He currently lives on a beach in Asia. May contain affiliate links to products he has purchased and thinks are great.
Please follow and share if this story helped you.