Create a README markdown file that is your new opensource resume/CV !
GitHub introduced a new feature within a developer’s repository. It’s a secret. The user can now put on their details in a special repository within a README file.
I went for a minimalistic design, Hope you like it! 😋
So why not use all possible ways to make your profile look cool? This gives chance to recruiters to see more about your open-source contributions. Make this your new resume!!
What are the STEPS to follow?
Let's create your first awesome README!
- Create a repository with your GitHub name.
- Add readme file to it, README.md
- You may notice GitHub introduces you with some format, you can edit that too.
- If you want a banner then you may follow, Canva and edit the banner images there,
- Click here.
- You can edit banners such as,
5. To add your social network badges in README.md file view the following collection,
Improve your README.md profile with these amazing badges. - alexandresanlim/Badges4-README.md-Profile
This is home to Shields.io, a service for concise, consistent, and legible badges in SVG and raster format, which can…
6. You can also add an awesome Github stats card, that shows your current stats dynamically,
Get your GitHub-readme-stats below, made by Anurag Hazra,
Additional awesome resources :
Must try these awesome tools!
Github Profile README generator by Rahul Jain,
Github Profile Readme Generator
Prettify your github profile using this amazing readme generator.
Github Activity README by James George,
Updates README with the recent GitHub activity of a user - jamesgeorge007/github-activity-readme
Waka Readme Stats by Anmol,
Are you an early 🐤 or a night 🦉? When are you most productive during the day? What are languages you code in? Let's…
Add visitors badges from (git-badges),
An API serving useful badges for your GitHub Profile README 🚀🎉 View the Project on GitHub puf17640/git-badges All…
Show your recent published article from Medium on your Readme. See the live demo You can file an Issue Usage Import…
GitHub Quotes by Shravan
Dynamic quote generator for your GitHub readmes Note: To read an article on this project, please refer: GitHub Profile…
Finally, you can view simple markdown code below for reference,
The above code snippet can be used with the following changes,
- Change the name of the file to README.md
- Change the image directory and name from ‘IMAGE-NAME’ to one you will upload.
- Change all the descriptions to yours, like what you are currently working on.
- Change all the username area, which is highlighted by ‘USERNAME’.
You can also look for some cool repositories and other people’s work here and below,
pr2tik1 - Overview
I am Pratik! I am a developer who is passionate about stuff like deep learning and data science. Few tech that I enjoy…
More from the author:
Understanding Kaplan-Meier Estimator
An introduction to one of the Survival Analysis techniques.
Exploring Neural Networks (Part — I)
Understanding the concepts of Deep Learning along with the implementation of neural networks using Python and its…