How This Simple Formula Can Help You Increase Your Productivity By 30% Every Single Week
“Productivity isn’t about being a workhorse, keeping busy or burning the midnight oil…. It’s more about priorities, planning, and fiercely protecting your time. ”-Margarita Tartakovsky
A lot of my relatives , friends and acquaintances keep on asking me “what has happened to me?” At the roots of their interrogations lies a very rapid and unexpected transformation on my perspectives of life. Well, most of the time when I don’t feel like talking or explaining too much, I just tell them to Google one thing, or I should say one name : Brendon Burchard.
I love Brendon and his work, he is such an inspiration and role model to me. Strangely, he has a similar story as me, knocked down by life circumstances, questioning the real essence of life, and suicidal at some point (Yes, we are not ashamed or afraid to share that point). But there comes the ‘aha moment,’ where he realized that life has more to offer, that there was still time, and a possibility for him to live, love, and matter, which has become his mantra for everything in his life.
My own ‘aha moment’ came just about a month ago, when a friend of mine, after a long discussion, told me that I needed something in my life. There’s a glimpse of our conversation :
My friend : Do you know what you need in your life at the moment?
Me : what?
My friend : Brendon Burchard
Me : who is he?
My friend : Just Google him
Me : Please just tell me!
My friend : Just Google him and you will see…
Which I did, and it completely changed my perspective in life. Thanks to my friend (who would like to remain anonymous) and Brendon!
So, let’s get straight to the point of this article :
Brendon Burchard’s 5x50 Productivity Formula
“It is not enough to be busy. So are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?” — Henry David Thoreau
This simple and powerful formula has helped me to personally become more productive, more focused, more enthusiastic, more socially engaged, and more energetic throughout my days. Brendon’s promise is that the formula can help anyone increase his/her focus, energy and effectiveness by 30% every single week. I cannot yet back his claim, because I have added my own twists to the initial formula, based of my personal current circumstances and obligations. But what I can garanty you, is that if you adopt, even partially that formula, you will immediately see the benefits in your life.
Below are the five areas Brendon insists you must master in order to feel the vibrancy, joy and progress that you deserve in your life.
- 50 minutes more sleep: How consistently are you sleeping 7-9 hours per night?
- 50 minute morning power blocks: Do you activate your physical body with stretching or a workout every morning? And do you begin your day strategically planning or in reaction-mode responding to your emails, messages and demands of others?
- 50 minute block time: “Block Time” is a focus-management approach that requires “blocking out” significant amounts of time to advance or complete a major project in your life.
- 50 minute breaks: Do you take at least one standing break per hour when working or during times you are sitting? Do you move and stretch during that time?
- 50 minute renewals: Do you meditate or take a walk each and every single day on a consistent basis? What practice could you begin to reset your mind toward peace and freedom each day and how will you remind yourself to practice every day?
Call to action
“It is possible to be busy — very busy — without being very effective.”- Stephen R Covey, author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
If you would like to implement the formula and have any questions, feel free to comment below and let’s start the discussion.
You can also head directly to Brendon Burchard’s personal website to read more about him and his work. There are a lot of free resources available, including his famous 1-Page Productivity Planner and his useful 1-Page Success Indicator Assessment.
#HighPerformanceHabits #TheBrendonShow #FirstThingsFirst #LiveLoveMatter